We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crete info required by late 30's couple

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Crete info required by late 30's couple

We are thinking of heading to Crete in early September. We like plenty to do, good restaurants/tavernas, taking boat trips, and historical attractions Our trouble is we are always worried about staying somewhere too quiet but at the same time do not want to be surrounded by drunken kids. We are not sure, as travelling in September what our best option would be. Would Malia be ok at this time of year or should we be looking elsewhere and if so where? If anyone has some top tips of things to do and trips to take that would also be of great help. Simon & Helen

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,791 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crete info required by late 30's couple

I would recommend you to look at Chania or Rethymnion. Two great towns with a good mix of culture and party.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18,451 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crete info required by late 30's couple

Not Malia, where you will be surrounded by drunken kids.

Chania or Rethymnon would be good choices, as Periscope says. Of the two I would choose Chania.

CRETE
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crete info required by late 30's couple

+1 for me rethymno and chania are great mid sep not too quiet not too busy. Enjoy your holidays

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crete info required by late 30's couple

Look at Elounda, you will not be disappointed

5. Re: Crete info required by late 30's couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2013, 10:16