We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on Crete

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Need advice on Crete

Hi,

My family and I are planning a trip to Crete at the end of May next year. I'll be traveling with with 2 young kids but also with my 70 year old mum. I was wondering if anybody had any recomendations as to the best area to stay? We want somewhere thats not too touristy but also with easy access to the beach and shops, tavernas etc.

Thanks

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,576 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice on Crete

Sissi is a nice little resort. Small beach by the harbour which has safe swimming whatever the sea conditions are and is very clean because of the fresh springs that bubble up from the bottom. Lots of nice tavernas around the harbour. Very laid back and fairly low key evening entertainment generally local 'crooners' singing in some of the bars. Agios Nikolaos might also suite a much bigger town generally frequented by family's and the over 40's but more shops to wander round for your Mother.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,368 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice on Crete

Hi there

Agree with mikebr...Sissi would tick all your boxes, as would Agios Nikolaos and also Elounda,- all have lovely harbours and lots of choice for tavernas and bars and all pretty for a wander around in the evenings. Dont think you would be disappointed with any of the above, but why dont you have a look for different deals, and then that may help you make up your mind :-)

3. Re: Need advice on Crete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 06:15