We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodations near Knossus

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
accomodations near Knossus

We are spending one night in the area and saw Eliothos Residences mentioned in a few places.. Anyone been there recently or does anyone have another favorite in or near Archanes?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodations near Knossus

Hi there

I don't think there's much in the way of accommodation at Knossos, maybe some rent rooms but that's about it. Archanes is a better option, larger place ( still quite small though) with a choice of accommodation. Why not stay in Iraklion? It's quick and easy to get to both Knossos and Archanes from Iraklion and you won't need a car either so you would save one day's rental costs.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodations near Knossus

Hi Back!

Our thought was that after travelling from the States and landing (theoretically) at 3:30 pm that we would just go ahead and get the car, head for the hills and then chill out for the evening.

As we would already have the car we could see the archaeological museum at Archanes (since we are skipping Iraklion this visit to save time for the south coast and Chania), see Knossus in the morning and then be set to head straight out towards Gortys and Feistos.

Are you familiar with any of the accommodations in Archanes? It being after a long travel day it is the only place I might want to reserve ahead of time...

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodations near Knossus

I'm not I'm afraid, it's a place I've visited a few times but never stayed at. Of course if you have picked the car up upon arrival, it makes sense to use it to get to Knossos and Archanes. Plenty of car parking space at Knossos and usually spaces along the main street in Archanes.

4. Re: accomodations near Knossus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 12:17