We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

areas of crete

Kidderminster...
2 posts
Save Topic
areas of crete

Hi, we are thinking of travelling to crete for our main holiday this july or september. we would like things to do and a few bars etc but nothing like malia ect / 18-30 and not too kiddy. we are a 27 year old couple. any advise would be grea, thanks :-) x

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: areas of crete

Hi there

Stalis makes a great intro to Crete, it's a good family resort, all ages, lively without being OTT, shops, bars, restaurants, car hire, ATMs and is on the north coast bus routes. It also has a good sandy beach and is just 25 kms from the airport. If you want somewhere a bit more laid back, then look at Elounda, further east, about a 75 min run from the airport, great beach, all the amenities but a more adult clientele and a bit more cosmopolitan.

London, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: areas of crete

I thought we had a new GB when i see that picture :-)

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: areas of crete

Unfortunately, I mistook the wife's hormone tablets for the headache pills dracaj...;0)

Edited: 04 February 2013, 14:17
Kidderminster...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: areas of crete

That's really useful thank u. Stalis is looking like a good posibility :-)

Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
773 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: areas of crete

Hey, another Nic from Kidderminster!

My vote is for Elounda as great base for visiting Spinalonga, Ag Nik etc but really laid back village with lots of places to eat. Also regular bus service to Ag Nik and beyond if you don't hire a car.

We will be flying from Birmingham at end June.

Happy holiday hunting.

PS loving the new pic GB!!

Nic :-)

Edited: 04 February 2013, 21:10
Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,898 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: areas of crete

Stalis would certainly fit the criteria you are seeking for your holiday. It has a nice relaxed atmosphere suitable for families & couples but has plenty of life, with its great choice of bars, restaurants & tavernas. It also has a lovely long sandy beach and good transport links.

You haven't mentioned what type of accom you want but, if you are considering Stalis, I would highly recommend self catering or, at most, B&B because of the choice of restaurants & tavernas in which to enjoy an evening meal etc.

If you want any further advice on accom options etc in Stalis, please come back and ask.

7. Re: areas of crete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 06:15