We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Autos

Lydd, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
11 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Autos

Hi,

I've booked a car through Holiday Autos for September. On our booking Voucher it states we are to pick the car up from Chania Airport. I've just found some seriously worrying reviews about Holiday Autos and would like to know what other peoples experiences of this company are, especially at Chania Airport. A lot of people are saying that the cars have to picked up off site and that they have been ripped off by this company in numerous ways. Any advice or knowledge would be helpful so I can cancel if need be.

Lydd, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
11 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Autos

Hi Guys,

Someone must of used this company? (Holiday-Autos) I think they are also known as (or at least used to be) Imperial Car Rentals.

Any info would be gratefully received, I'm hiring a car for two weeks and don't want to make a hash of it by using the wrong company.

Thanks

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
4,354 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Autos

As far as I know Holiday Autos is just an agency, they will arrange your car hire with any one of many rental companies they deal with all over the world. Your rental voucher should tell you which company you will actually be hiring the car from.

Lydd, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
11 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Autos

Hi 2bristolians, thanks for your answer, thats exactly what I thought too, but on my voucher it states my car supplier as being "HOLIDAY AUTOS GREECE" I have managed to find a website relating to this name and it seems they are a crete based hire car company, possibly also operating as Imperial Car Rentals. Both of which look like they are linked to or owned by the Broker known as Holiday Autos. I am now very confused and have emailed them twice regarding this and still had no reply!

Edinburgh, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Autos

It is genuinely a "Holiday Autos" branded supplier at Chania airport. Not sure if it's got any other name as well. They don't have a desk at the airport but we were met and driven the 300m to their office and compound (very easy to find on the way back to the airport).

Didn't have any problems, the car wasn't the newest in the world but was fine.

Lydd, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
11 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Autos

Thanks for your reply Scott4534, Glad you didn't have any problems, but seeing as they still have not bothered replying to my emails I decided to call them direct. Spoke to a lovely lady at their Indian call centre but had real trouble conversing with her and getting my problems across, she couldn't sort anything out for me or didn't really have a clue what I was talking about, so we just cancelled and have now arranged our own hire direct with a local company. Its a bit more expensive but at least I have peace of mind that I know who I'm dealing with and that a car will turn up! Have to admit I was also a bit put off by the horror stories on the review sites and didn't want the hassle of being one of the unlucky one's

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Autos

Hi i've used Holiday autos in crete out of herakilon airport (2011). we had absolutely no problems at all. they gave us a free upgrade to a band c car 'cos we had a child. ok it wasn't the newest car we had a 206 but it was fine for us it had plently of knocks and scrapes, just as long as you document this you'll be fine i'm sure. i've also used holiday autos as a booking agent in Kos(hertz) and in the UK(europcar) also had no problems.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Autos

I used Holiday Autos without a reservation from Heraklion Airport and they were very good and very friendly. They offerred the best rates I was able to find on the day, and the car was a decent Kia Picanto (great for 1!). They were very accomodating about when I returned the car and had no milage limit. However, they are not very forthcoming with lots of information. This seems to be the way in Greece though, if you have a question, ask. If you are anxious about what might happen, their attitude is not to worry! I simply got a map and a phone number in case of problems.

The only difficulty I did have with this company is that I did not get a full receipt and therefore I am going to have trouble with claiming my expenses, but that was my own fault really.

oxford
Level Contributor
370 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Autos

We rented a car from holiday rentals several years ago and had no problems, infact quite the opposite we decided to do a bit of "off roading" in our Renault Twingo and ended up with a puncture. After reading that the tires weren't covered by any of the insurance we thought they would sting us for the repair. But when we told the guy when we took the car back he just laughed and said that the roads in Crete were rubbish. not sure if you can still get them but don't ever hire a Renault Twingo in Crete we spent most of the time in 1st gear.

Mestre, Italy
Level Contributor
6,616 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Autos

I rented a car from them last month in Chania airport. They have rather old cars, Hyunday Accent.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Autos

Compared to previous experiences,Holiday Autos out of Chania airport has definitely not been so good.Hour wait in queue to get car after having to walk a fair bit in midday heat to get to office and having to abandon daughter with luggage outside airport. Now passenger window wont close,cd player doesn't work and car was very dirty.Oh and petrol tank was totally empty.