We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holidays In Sepetmber - Any Recomendations!!

London
Level Contributor
56 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Holidays In Sepetmber - Any Recomendations!!

Can anyone recommend someone nice and hot, with nice beaches, where I and my partner can go in September? Anytime from 2nd week of September onwards.

We are both 28 years old and working professional.

Budget: £400 per person Max

Needs: Beach, Sun, Sand, Relaxing, Nice Food

We decided against a hardcore partying holiday (Ibiza), we want somewhere different, nice, romantic, with good selection of restaurants, bars, nightlife.

Any help would be excellent, because I am totally stuck. Was looking at Egypt but the flight alone I keep finding is £400 each.

Hearing mixed reviews about Tunisia and Morocco, but would not rule it out as it’s different.

Thank you in advance.

oxford
Level Contributor
370 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holidays In Sepetmber - Any Recomendations!!

Well you have come to the Crete Forum and Crete would fit the bill perfectly. Ticking all your boxes my reccomendation would be Chania or the resorts to the West of there, you always have Chania if you do fancy a big night out as there are a few all night clubs,in the new part of town but mainly it is alaid back chilled out town with a lovely venetian harbour.

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
11,157 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holidays In Sepetmber - Any Recomendations!!

Hi there

There are so many lovely places in Crete that would tick all your boxes, why not do some searches for accommodation that you like the look of and that is within your budget, then come back onto the forum and get some feedback.

Do just remember that Crete has two airports, as its such a large island, these are Chania in the West and Heraklion that serves the East of the island. (Also see Know your airports....at the top of the page for more information)

You would also need to consider any particular sites that you would like to visit while holidaying on Crete, so its no good wanting to visit Knossos and staying in Chania for example.

Here is a very good general web site which give excellent information on each of the various towns and resorts on the island.

explorecrete.com/crete-sightseeing-tours.htm

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,572 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holidays In Sepetmber - Any Recomendations!!

What do you want your budget to include as well as the flight? S/C, B&B, H/B or A/I? And is it for 1 week or 2?

If you were looking at Egypt, then you were probably looking for a hotel with at least some meals. To be honest, I don't think you will find the same standard of accommodation any cheaper in Crete, unless you leave it till late in September or possibly even October, when it will still be pretty warm but not guaranteed wall-to-wall sunshine.

London
Level Contributor
56 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holidays In Sepetmber - Any Recomendations!!

Hello...

Thank you all for your feedback so far.

We are looking for 1 week. Dont really mind about self catering or half board.

Having a look at crete, i went to Malia a few years ago with my best mates sort of lad holiday, so i dont want to go there with mrs.

I have looked at Panos Beach Hotel and it looks good. I have found a flight, hotel and transfear for £340 each on 5th sepetmber 2013.

If we go chania, what could we do there?? any recomendations??

Mestre, Italy
Level Contributor
6,954 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holidays In Sepetmber - Any Recomendations!!

I you go to Chania you have the opportunity to visit the best beaches of Crete: Balos, Falasarna, Elafonissi. Chania itself is a lovely town, very romantic Venetian style, the old part.

6. Re: Holidays In Sepetmber - Any Recomendations!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 05:16