We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight prices May 2014

london
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flight prices May 2014

Hi I am planning on going to Crete for 1/2 term in May (24-31) next year and wondered if anyone knows roughly how much flights to Heraklion are at this time of year? I am looking at Easyjet but if anyone else knows of any other airlines that fly to Crete could you let me know?

Thanks

Sharon

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
11,185 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight prices May 2014

Hi there

If you book the flights on the day that they are released by easyjet that are looking just over £100 of course depending on times etc. easyjet have two flights a day to Herkalion. EJ are definitely the cheapest - but you could also check out flythomas cook too..

I travel to Crete every 6 weeks during the summer from Gatwick, and EJ are always the cheapest, but as I said you must try to book the flight as soon as these are released, as a guide they released this years May flights the first week of September last year, so I would start to check on the EJ site around end August. You can log on to their web site for notification when these flights are released, but they always e mail you a couple of days after the flights are released... :-)

oxford
Level Contributor
370 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight prices May 2014

MG will they release the flights for the whole season right up to October or will they be released later.

Apologies you did mention this before in another thread but i couldn't find it.

Sorry to hijack the thread chels

Gareth

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,185 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight prices May 2014

No problem chappers.... they release the flights in stages , spring, summer and late summer....

oxford
Level Contributor
370 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight prices May 2014

cheers

Think we may be going twice again next year and would like to get the price down , just over a hundred sounds much more appealing than just over two hundred

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,185 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight prices May 2014

Its definitely worthwhile booking as soon as the flights are released, we found that our April/May flights this year were the same prices as our July, and our September/October flights - so no difference with the high or low season :-)

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,590 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight prices May 2014

I wonder if the prices for the last week in May will be more expensive as it's school holidays?

oxford
Level Contributor
370 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight prices May 2014

when would you think that october flights would be released, end of December/early January?

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,185 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight prices May 2014

If I remember they were released the first week of December, as I know I was waiting for the September/October flights to be released - but every year they release them at different times....so its just a case of checking on a regular basis

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,185 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight prices May 2014

Hi steve

I only tend to check when we travel, and we travel last week of April/first week of May and then late June/early July again - so I didn't check, but the prices were no different in early May than they were the second week of July this year .

Burgess Hill
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight prices May 2014

I've just been told by Easyjet that they are only releasing their flights six months in advance! Have found return flights from heraklion n may for £68 with Thomas cook but still expensive to get out there!