We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Footwear and clothing for horseriding

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Footwear and clothing for horseriding

Evening All. A new user here who has been lurking and picking up lots of tips and advice - thank you very much! I hope that after our holiday to Crete - which begins tomorrow - I can add to the informative discussions.

We are in the midst of packing and I'm wondering if trainers are necessary for the Finikia horseriding tour or would walking sandals be okay? Obviously with the strict baggage limits we want to avoid taking anything unnecessary - more room for souvenirs! Also would we need long trousers or would shorts or capris be okay?

Same question on footwear for the walk up to the fort on Gramvousa if anybody can help.

Thank you in advance for any replies!

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
Finikia Horseriding
Finikia Horseriding
511 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Houston
Level Contributor
947 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Footwear and clothing for horseriding

Hi, Karen. My daughter and I did the Finikia horseriding and assumed we needed closed shoes and long pants. We were the only women there wearing them. Others were wearing shorts and flip flops. The horses do not gallop - at all. It is a very, very slow walk on a trail with the handlers walking right beside you. Wear whatever you're comfortable in, and prepare yourself for some crude jokes by the owner, finished off with a food fight (literally). :)

Mentioned in this post
Finikia Horseriding
Finikia Horseriding
511 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Footwear and clothing for horseriding

Thanks CameraGirl! I can pack accordingly now. Gregory sounds like a real character - I'm almost looking forward to meeting him more than I am the horseriding! I appreciate your response!

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,488 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Footwear and clothing for horseriding

Hi there

Any one riding a horse should wear shoes with a small flat heel, not trainers and definitely not flip flips any riding establishment of any worth ....should ensure that their clients wear correct foot wear otherwise they should not let you ride their horses however docile these horse appear to be

4. Re: Footwear and clothing for horseriding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 06:19