We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling Crete with your Dog

London, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling Crete with your Dog

Hello All

Not so much a question as a share for you, I really wanted to share this blog that my friend has put together about traveling with her dog in Crete, it covers where to drink, what beaches are ok etc, she's trying to be really thorough and has herself re-located to both Cyprus and Greece so it's from personal experience. Just to disclose, I am a TripAdvisor user, and this isn't a money making blog!

Hoping it helps someone out there!

http://travelcretewithyourdog.blogspot.co.uk/

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,554 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling Crete with your Dog

I'm not a dog-lover (sorry) but I found this blog really fascinating. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling Crete with your Dog

Love this blog! I live in Cree with my dogs & found this useful & fun.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling Crete with your Dog

I'm so pleased you like my blog! I'm even more pleased that it still has some appeal even to those who don't have dogs. Thank you for your comment!!

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling Crete with your Dog

Good, I'm so pleased. If you have any suggestions of places you have found to be dog-friendly in Crete, I'd love to hear them!

You can find me on Twitter: @TravelWithDog

or Facebook: Travelwithyourdog Crete-Cyprus

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling Crete with your Dog

I enjoyed it too. The Kouromenos part brought back nice memories of the lovely walk from Palaikastro during a long-ago (dog-less) holiday at Hiona, sometime in the 1980s.

Nice little video of Sage swimming and playing with a stick.

Edited: 30 September 2013, 12:45
Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling Crete with your Dog

It's a wonderful place isn't it? But what do you mean dog-less holiday??? Can there be such a thing?

Glad you liked the post. I spent 3 weeks at Palaikastro for excavations this year, so there will be a few more posts on that area in the near future...

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling Crete with your Dog

I'll look forward to them!

London, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling Crete with your Dog

Aaah so glad this was picked up by people, the Cyprus one hasn't had any comments! ;-) I love reading it, I have visited this lovely blogger in Crete and been to some of these places with her and I agree that whether you have a dog or not its still a really lovely informative blog, especially if you just like hiking or getting a bit off the beaten track...

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling Crete with your Dog

Haven't you posted that a few months ago too? I can't be wrong.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling Crete with your Dog

My friend was being wonderful and helping me to promote my blog...I just found the comments in the last couple of days, that's why it's come up now. Anyway, hope you all enjoy reading it. And thanks again to BeeFace!