We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Brighton, United...
13 posts
Save Topic
Weather

How is the weather in Crete now?.the forecast was 32 or,33 but feels like 36 for the next few days!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Hi there

As far as I know, the weather and temperature readings are taken at the airport, and Crete's a large island, so they will always vary a bit from those listed. The south coast is usually a couple of degrees Centigrade warmer and of course, temps can vary from one place to another according to wind direction, mountains and other factors.

The BBC is usually pretty acurate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/6299488

Brighton, United...
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Thanks.

Would love to hear from anyone who is there right now..We are going south.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

I spoke to our friends on the north coast just an hour ago, they live to the west of Hersonissos and they say it's in the low 30's there .

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,698 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

I've usually found the Accuweather forecasts accurate for the first couple of days. Here is a link, which I hope will work, to their Loutro forecast:

accuweather.com/en/…1272040

The "Extended" forecast looks wonderful, but may of course be fanciful. No forecast can be accurate that far ahead. But if it's correct, it looks like it's getting hotter for the next week or so, and then cooler. Sunny all the time. As one would expect at this time of year.

Have a nice time!

Edit: Oh, good. The link works.

Edited: 23 August 2013, 12:42
greece
Level Contributor
128 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

I'm going to be there 8-15 sept.... hope summer weather holds up!

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,385 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

Hi there

I agree with GB have always found the BBC weather forecast to be the most accurate and don't forget to look at the wind as well :-) 8 - 15 Sept I really wouldn't worry the weather will be lovely :-)

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,663 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

Hi,

It's about 28-29 during the day here in Rethymnon. Expect to be a bit warmer south as GB pointed out. No wild winds here too.

An interesting site is the following which shows also the expected condtition of the winds:

www.poseidon.hcmr.gr/weather_forecast.php…

8. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 05:19