We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self catering apartment recommendation

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Self catering apartment recommendation

Hi folks, got flights all booked for a trip to Crete in May next year, just beginning my search for accommodation now. Anyone have any recommendations they could share with me, either here if permissible or PM.

Looking for something reasonably priced for 2 adults, location doesn't really matter (we're flying into Heraklion but will be picking up a car so will be able to get around no problem). Something with a bit of character would be nice, I'm not a sunseeker as such, so not interested in just lying round a pool all day.

From looking at location maps, it would appear that the north side is where all the crowds are? if that's right, then something on the south side would be much more appealling :)

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Self catering apartment recommendation

hi..first of all i think you should figure out the location..crete is huge and offers many varied options ,so your research should be about the location first..you can always find an apartment no matter what your budget is..

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self catering apartment recommendation

I am in the process of doing that, but as I said; location isn't critical - we will probably move around a bit (half the holiday in the centre, half in the east, etc). We drove over 1,600km on our last holiday in Turkey, so Crete's not looking 'huge' to us :) We are apartment owners ourselves so just thought we would ask here first as it would be nice to give business back to other owners, if you get my meaning.

The main area I'm looking at at the moment is the east side of Crete, there seem to be a few village houses nearer the south side - which sound appealling. The area just to the west of Heraklion (Lygaria) also looks quite nice, bit quieter by all accounts...

3. Re: Self catering apartment recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 05:19