We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Crete

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
New to Crete

Hi Guys

This will be our first trip to Greece and we are travelling end of May so weather wise I have selected Crete.

Looking for some advice on area to stay. we are travelling with my 12 year old son.

We want a resort that is next to lovely sandy beach with things going on but dont want to be in a party zone 18-30s.

I want somewhere with shops etc where we can go on trips, love the look of balos beach and paradise island.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Lauren

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New to Crete

PS i dont want a really long transfer up to an hour please

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,600 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New to Crete

Hi Lauren

Have you booked your flights yet? and if so into which of the two airport on the island of Crete??

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New to Crete

Hi there

Malia is party central on Crete, as long as you avoid it, then there's nowhere else that would cause concern. As MG says though, we do really need to know which airport you'll be flying to.

4. Re: New to Crete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 06:19