We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Personal Chef Recommendation on Crete?

Portland, Oregon
1 post
Save Topic
Personal Chef Recommendation on Crete?

We're going to be in Crete next June. 7 people in a Villa near Chania. We'd love to have a personal chef for the week or a few select nights. Any recommendations or recommended places to continue my search?

Thanks!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Personal Chef Recommendation on Crete?

Hi there

It's your call and your money but I wouldn't consider a "live in" chef for any Greek trip, half the fun of any Greek adventure is walking out in the evenings to find small, local tavernas and restaurants where you can sample the local delicacies and usually pay not that much for the privilege. Evenings in June will be warm, just perfect for a pre-dinner stroll.

If you do require a full time chef, then maybe one of the locals from Chania who post here can suggest someone.

Newcastle upon...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Personal Chef Recommendation on Crete?

Hi DaveKing,

I don't know where you will be staying in Chania or if it is close to tavernas, but I know there are several chefs operating around Chania during the summer months. I know you can book private chef (including sommelier service) at alargo.no (the best around in my view), but I would also recommend visiting the tavernas in the old town and harbour side for one night at least - and only go where you see locals eat :-) This is my top tip.

3. Re: Personal Chef Recommendation on Crete?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:15