We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local trustworthy car hire in Crete in November?

Seville
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Local trustworthy car hire in Crete in November?

Hi everyone,

tsipouro suggested that I should post this question on the Crete forum:

Based on people recommending that we get a car to travel on Crete...can anyone recommend a good local trustworthy car hire company as an alternative to the big names? Or am I better off using Sixt or a similar company...?

Sometimes I have rented slightly older and worse-for-wear cars in other places and had a great cheap and yet also trustworthy experience with no hidden charges - - is there any Crete car hire firm that is similar?

Thanks very much for any tips!

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,488 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local trustworthy car hire in Crete in November?

Hi there

There are lots of good local firms in Crete and I am sure that you are going to get lots of recommendations, over the years we have used many different car hire companies, but have found that Club Cars are the best we have tried so far :-) we have used them not only in the summer months but also during the winter month too and always received great service from them.

http://www.clubcars.net/

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5,137 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Local trustworthy car hire in Crete in November?

hi mozyhoo i have already posted this link at your other post

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189417-i681-k57…

i think it will be difficult to find a car company with better reviews on TA

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
757 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local trustworthy car hire in Crete in November?

I always use Europeo Cars (www.europeocars.com) and have always received excellent service. E-mail them for the best deals. Cars are sometimes older but always safe and serviceable. Prices are fully inclusive of all insurances. No deposit is required and I always pay cash on arrival. They do accept credit cards but cash is preferred for obvious reasons. They really are nice people and you usually even get a free bottle of wine ! I doubt whether you will beat their prices.

Seville
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Local trustworthy car hire in Crete in November?

Great! Thanks for the tips all of you, very helpful. I will check them out.

J&W
Calgary AB
Level Contributor
654 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local trustworthy car hire in Crete in November?

After contacting many rental agencies we found cretarent.gr to have the best offer. A small car for 15 days and with a 3 months advance booking notice discount it was 213 Euros cash at the airport. A gentleman with a sign with our name on it met us at the airport to give us our car. He waited even though our flight was late. We got a KIA Picanto LX, It was not new but fine. It took us from Iraklion to Makrigialos to Elafonisi to Iraklion with no problems, except we replaced a wiper blade that we found to be worn out in the rain (6 Euros). One 42 X 64 X 22 bag just fit in the trunk, our other bag went on the back seat. In Iraklion I locked the keys in the car and within an hour they had a technician open the car for 30 Euros. Since we had an early flight we dropped the car at the airport with keys under the mat and a little more gas then when we took the car. All in all we were pleased with our rental.

Mentioned in this post
Iraklion Hotel
Iraklion Hotel
321 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Makrigialos Beach
Makrigialos Beach
156 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Elafonisi Resort by Kalomirakis Family
Elafonisi Resort by...
284 Reviews
Crete, Greece
sleaford
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Local trustworthy car hire in Crete in November?

Used Athenscars at least 20 times and have had no problems. Fully inclusive with no extra's to pay and can pay by cash with no credit card required.

7. Re: Local trustworthy car hire in Crete in November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 06:19