We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days Crete From Malia

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
7 days Crete From Malia

Hi,

Im going on 7 days holiday on the 18th of may and staying in a hotel in Malia. I plan to rent a car fo at least 5 days to be able to see the west island a little as well.

Reading through the aticles i have found lots of sights on the west island but not a lot around where i am staying. Could someone please give me some ideas.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,368 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 days Crete From Malia

Hi there

There are loads of places to visit in this area of Crete, not sure what you are interested in so will just do a "general" list:

Knossos

Ancient site of Malia

Ancient site of Lato

The island of Spinalonga

Caves at Milatos

Lassithi Plateau

Krista,

Milatos,

Neoploli

Sissi

Agios Nikolaos

Beach at Voulisma

Elounda

This is just a few .....and All are less than an hours drive from Malia

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,798 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 days Crete From Malia

There are photos of lots of these places on this thread - and as Hersonissos is only a few miles from Malia, the advice is the same:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g503710-i9517-k5…

If you don't mind driving longer, say for about 1.5 hours, large areas of the south coast - for instance Matala, and the area towards Makrigialos east of Ierapetra - are also within reach, as well as Rethymnon to the west.

A few other places near Malia not yet mentioned:

Skotini cave.

Hersonissos harbour and waterfront

Cretaquarium

3. Re: 7 days Crete From Malia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 06:16