We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nude Sunbathing

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Nude Sunbathing

Hi Guys,

My Girlfriend and I are stopping in Agia Pelagia this summer. She loves to be able to sunbathe naked but (here's the tricky bit) doesn't like doing it in front of others on nudist neaches.

Anybody know of any little hideaway coves in that area where it could be ok and no one would find you?

Failing that we will have a hire car any way so could travel to another part of the island if there's lots of little hardly accessible coves somewhere else??

Chania, Greece
Level Contributor
813 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Nude Sunbathing

Posting the location of "little hideaway coves" on a very public forum would be a bit self-defeating, wouldn't it?

Edited: 02 April 2014, 13:18
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
234 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nude Sunbathing

No one else will really care or bother you on the nude sections of the beach. Get over it. I think the chances of seeing someone you know would be almost zero.

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nude Sunbathing

The main thing is identifying the 'nude section of the beach' - there are only a few beaches where nudism is appropriate & tolerated. Please remember that Crete has an old-fashioned, family-values, conservative culture - so if you are going to sunbathe naked it is important that it's definitely out of sight of all houses, roads, villages, tavernas etc etc & not where anyone may 'stumble upon' you.

I believe there is a web-site for naturism on Crete, I don't know the name. & I know of a couple of beaches on the south coast where naturism is tolerated,& they are away from towns/villages, for instance Damnoni near Plakias; but I'm not sure there will be any near Agia Pelagia, as it is quite a popular area.

england
Level Contributor
335 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nude Sunbathing

It can happen, we were nude sunbathing on a beach in Crete and we were recognised by a couple who lived in the next street to us here in UK!!

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll...
Level Contributor
736 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nude Sunbathing

As Spottttt can tell you. Unfortunately you picked the wrong coast. You may find a tiny cove somewhere but probably will have company. The best areas I know of are below the village of Kerames between Agia Fotini and Ligres and the beaches beyond Polirizos beach near Rodakino. Normally do not see anyone for much of the day. Ligres is so big it is easy to get away from sight and if you walk round the rocky outcrop below Villa Maria Taverna in the direction of Agia Fotini there are empty stretches of empty beach and coves.

If you have a rental car you could always take the long drive. The other area still on the Libyan sea coastline is a drive across the island to Lendas/ Lentas, good naturist beaches and you can normally find somewhere to be alone. Sorry to be a bringer of bad news. If you have a car and your budget allows you could spend a couple of nights in the areas mentioned. Ligres is a lovely place to be there are other places to stay in Agia Fotini, Lendas and Polirizos, pretty reasonable prices.

Some of my photographs and a link http://www.panoramio.com/photo/87714982

http://www.ligres.eu/en/

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,238 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nude Sunbathing

This may be the website mentioned by JWugg. It's several years old, but seems to have been edited with comments from 2010-2011.

www.capnbarefoot.info/crete:south-westcrete

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll...
Level Contributor
736 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nude Sunbathing

Too many empties there :-)

Ok, it is at least 1hr 40mins drive to Ligres Directions http://goo.gl/maps/6jsVL

It is also a very beautiful and interesting drive. Good places to take a break are Armeni and the slight detour into Spili. Armeni is on the way though and has Taverna Alekos for a break,

Info meetandeatguides.com/index.php/…1

https:/…photos

Spili is a lovely town and worth exploring, many shops and places to eat.

www.angelfire.com/super2/greece/spili.html

Food for thought.

8. Re: Nude Sunbathing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 22:49
Edited: 02 April 2014, 22:49
Maryland
Level Contributor
561 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nude Sunbathing

This website lists some of the naturist beaches in Crete: angelfire.com/super2/…crete-naturisme.html

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
817 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nude Sunbathing

Definitely the wrong coast! Have a look at Explorecrete which give a guide to naturist beaches.