We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car dropoff in different location

Florence, Italy
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rental car dropoff in different location

I would like to pick up a car in Sitia or Heraklion and drop it off a week later in Chania. Any thoughts on the best car rental companies for this?

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,414 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car dropoff in different location

Hi there

Lots of the local car hire companies in Crete would be happy to arrange this for you, it may be better to choose a company that has offices across Crete and not just in the one location

I can recommend club cars who we used on numerous occasions

http://www.clubcars.net

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,953 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car dropoff in different location

It might be worth contacting the company I usually use - they have different drop-collection possibilities. They are a long-established family company, and we've been very happy with their service

http://www.alianthos-group.com/

Florence, Italy
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental car dropoff in different location

Thanks to you both, I'll check out both companies.

Toronto
Level Contributor
400 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental car dropoff in different location

Anna Cars can also go on your list to check. They are bringing a car to our hotel in Chania & we are dropping it off at the ferry port in Heraklion.

http://www.annacars.gr/

Ian

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental car dropoff in different location

hi i have sent off several emails to local crete car hire companies for 2 weeks early june which is classed as low season and really confused anna cars that is recommended have come back with a very expensive price of £404 for a mid size car like a vw polo ,can any one help,i am not looking for cheapest company but not one thats not expensive either. just good and reliable. cant book by holiday autos as they require credit card and choose not to have a credit card .also would like it with full insurance......

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,414 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental car dropoff in different location

Hi there

Have you tried club car as I have recommend above and also the best cars neither expect you to give them a credit card and both are excellent having used both myself :-)

www.thebestcars.gr/rentacar/en/home.html

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental car dropoff in different location

Thanks have sent off a lot of emails not had all replies yet but a lot of people on here say Anna cars but I think £404 is expensive when most only charge roughly 24 euros @ day but really confused with it all

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,414 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental car dropoff in different location

Hi again

Just back from Crete and used The Best we were charge around 20 euros a day and they were excellent ...it may be more expensive now as this was very early in the season but have a look on their web site

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental car dropoff in different location

hi again has anyone used megarent @ heraklion, not sent them an email yet ....

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
730 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rental car dropoff in different location

We hired a car from Europeo cars for a month last summer, collecting from Heraklion airport and dropping off at Chania airport. We have used them several times before and they provide excellent service and low prices. Cars are not always new but always serviceable. You can pay cash when you collect the car and there are no unexpected extra charges for insurance etc. They even give you a free bottle of wine !!

e-mail them for the best price,

www.europeocars.com

info@europeocars.com

Edited: 18 May 2014, 14:20