We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best relaxing resort.

Scotland
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best relaxing resort.

Looking for a nice relaxing resort.Have been to Santorini and stayed in Kamari.Is there any similar sized resorts on Crete?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,231 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best relaxing resort.

Are you intending to travel on a package holiday, or booking flight/accommodation separately (hotel or self-catering?)? Will you have a car/a transfer? And can you travel via either Heraklion or Chania airport? It's a big island, and some of those answers may determine where might suit you best. I'm sure somewhere will match what you would like, but a little more info. will help narrow things down a bit :-)

Scotland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best relaxing resort.

We are flying from Scotland to Heraklion.We usually do flights,accomodation and transfers ourselves.We won't be hiring a car.Prefer self catering or hotel with B&B as long as air con and fridge available.Any help would be appreciated :)

Edited: 29 May 2014, 12:16
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,358 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best relaxing resort.

Hi there

Well the most relaxing and chilled place that I have ever visited in Crete is lendas on the south coast beautiful village no big hotels or AI hotels just small SC rooms a little supermarket some very good tavernas and a couple of bars and not much else..wonderful place

cretanbeaches.com/Beaches/…

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,231 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best relaxing resort.

45 km east of Heraklion airport lies Sissi

explorecrete.com/crete-east/sissi-crete.htm

Some discussion here that might give you an idea if it would suit you

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g608862-i11239-k…

A but restricted on the bus service front, but there are trips you could take, or you might feel tempted to hire a car for a day or two once you get there (process should be very reasonable). I haven't been yet, but it's on my little hit-list, and looks to have a fair bit of charm.

Some nice pics on this thread

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g608862-i11239-k…

5. Re: Best relaxing resort.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 05:17