We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crete weddings!

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
crete weddings!

Hello There,

Wondering if anyone can help. Looking to get married in May 2016 in Crete and do not have a clue where to start! Have seen some beautiful hotel venues i.e. Daios Cove, St Nikolas, Elounda Bay Palace but when emailing the hotels direct i'm not really getting all the information from them i need about whats involved/ the civil & legal side of things.. can anyone from the UK recommend a lovely hotel to get married in? ideally close to a resort which other guests can stay in, and also can anyone recommend any really helpful wedding planners in Crete? i emailed Ionion weddings they just emailed back saying 'sorry we don't do any of those venues' but didn't offer any suggestions/advice etc on alternatives!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
116 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: crete weddings!

Try Emailing Rue at Sun & Snow weddings. I have found her to be excellent. She is an English lady so communication is really easy. I'm sure she will be able to help you out.

Chester
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: crete weddings!

Hi,

Try the Blue Palace in Elounda /Plaka because they have a small church in the grounds.

Keith.

sligo
Level Contributor
662 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: crete weddings!

Hi,

You might glean some useful information from this site:

http://www.silvermarriage.com/

They are based in Rethymno, Crete.

I do not know anyone who has used their services but when in Agia Galini I stay regularly with the family of one of the girls who works / runs the business. She has studied in Cardiff and has perfect English.

They may be able to provide you with some help.

Best of Luck.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: crete weddings!

Great. thanks everyone. I've contacted the wedding planners named above so hopefully get the ball rolling!

5. Re: crete weddings!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 05:17