We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a toddler friendly resort

Glasgow, Scotland...
2 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a toddler friendly resort

Hi we are looking for a lovely resort in crete suitable for a toddler/ buggy.

We would like somewhere with a lovely safe beach and if possible a harbour or town to walk around in the evening. With stalls and some shops and restaurants.

We are Not a fan of high rise buildings and big concrete promenades in front of the beach so hoping to avoid resorts like this.

We go to the Balearics a lot and are huge fans of Cala D'or in Majorca and portinax in ibiza, so are looking for a resort along those lines.

We will be traveling in September and can go to either airport, but again would prefer a resort with no more than 1 1/2 hours transfer.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,414 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a toddler friendly resort

Hi there

Elounda would tick all your boxes it's has a pretty harbour, safe sandy beach and very family friendly too...with a new children's play area on the beach ...which is a popular meeting place early evening for locals and tourists...I haven't been to portinax for over ten years but I would say Elounda has a similar feel but is slightly larger ....Elounda also has some lovely family run tavernas with beautiful views out to sea....if you do like the look of Elounda then post your questions as we have lots of regular posters who will be happy to,help :-)

Glasgow, Scotland...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a toddler friendly resort

Thank you so much for they reply, I've had a look and the resorts look fab, just the kind of thing we are looking for. I just have one more question. Do you know how long the transfers would be from the airport to elounda? I have read that these could be 3 hours??

Thanks again for the help.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
22,033 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a toddler friendly resort

Driving direct would be about the hour mark.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,414 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a toddler friendly resort

Hi there

With the new road you are looking at around an hour max .... and it's an easy drive with the national road all the way ...with just the last 10 mins on a smaller coastal road :-)

swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a toddler friendly resort

Hi,

Another option with a shorter transfer time is Stalis,it has all that your looking for apart from the harbour and is a firm favourite with families.

6. Re: Looking for a toddler friendly resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 05:17