We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay Scene In Crete

brighton
1 post
Save Topic
Gay Scene In Crete

howdy,

me and some friends are trying to plan a holiday to the greek islands, we are all active single homosexuals and are interested in learning more about the gay scence in the islands, we have found cheap flights to crete but are still looking for cheap accomadation, is there much of a scene out there?

also as a group of young men who have just finished school are there many lively bars, straight or gay?

many thanks for your time

hope to meet you soon ;-)

lots of love xxxxx

sicily
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gay Scene In Crete

Hi.

why not sicily?

I will be glad to host one of you and take you every day to the beach.

V

Florda
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Gay Scene In Crete

Anyone know what the weather is like in October n Crete? Are there places to go that are casual? T-Shirt and shorts attire? Any reccomendatons on what a tourst should see in Crete? I lke clubs, bars, etc too however, I like to see the country too when I travel. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gay Scene In Crete

Hi there

As you have already booked to go to Crete, your best bet for a lively time is to head for one of the larger resorts like Hersonissos or Agios Nikolaos where I'm sure you'll find what you're after.

Regarding the weather in October for the other poster, early October is usually still warm although the evenings start to cool down quickly. Once you approach the 3rd/4th weeks of the month, the weather can really start to deteriorate although we've been to Crete in late October before and still had wonderful weather. It's a bit of a gamble but one thing it won't be is cold.

toronto
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gay Scene In Crete

i dont think crete has an active scene for gays. the only thing i heard about was this:

The gay community in Chania sometimes hangs out at Ta Padia Paizei, on Odos Archoleon, at the far eastern end of the new harbor. The club has no street address but is marked by wheelbarrows with flowers at the door.

Crete
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gay Scene In Crete

There is not much of a gay scene in Crete. There is only one gay bar and that is called Eros Bar. Check out their website www.gaybarscrete.com

Crete
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gay Scene In Crete

Try this link if the first one doesn't work

http://www.gaybarscrete.com/cms/index.php/

Crete
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Gay Scene In Crete

Hi there, I know that Crete has recently had some new websites for the gay community. There are a few guesthouses and rental apartments that provide accomodation for gay travellers.

Check out:

www.gaycrete.gr

www.greatcretegayguesthouse.com

There is a bar, cafe and other activites. The Gay crete site has links to all of these.

Blackpool
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gay Scene In Crete

Just to add a bit more info on the crete gay scene for travel lers......

There is another gay hotel/bed and breakfast on Crete which has been running for quite some time....

Villa Ralfa near Hersonissos has been open since at least 2005, which is when I stayed there with my partner. It is run by an English guy from Brighton. There is a web site www.villaralfa.com which has quite a few links to various resources, as well as the web site the guy who runs it has lived on Crete for a while and knows a lot of places which are friendly......

Crete
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Gay Scene In Crete

The gay bar in Malia has changed its website to www.erosbarcrete.com

York
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Gay Scene In Crete

Similar theme, we go for a boyz trip on sunday, to Rethymnon, any, slightest chance of, a gay scene?