We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Village Heights Golf Resort in Heraklion

South Africa
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Village Heights Golf Resort in Heraklion

We have booked via our timeshare to stay here. I think it is very new (opened the last couple of months). Can anyone give me any info.

Many thanks

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Village Heights Golf Resort in Heraklion

I think it must be near to the Golf Club that my son played at. According to the site it is 30 Km from the airport.

My memory is of a fairly quiet area with the golf course chipped out of the rocky hillsides and a water park nearby that looked OK but quiet.

The course was well kept with good fairways and greens but if you missed the fairway you were in rocks and scrub.

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
1 post
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Village Heights Golf Resort in Heraklion

I returned from the resort yesterday after a week stay. It has now been open for about 14 weeks is a beautiful, relaxing resort perched on top of the Hersonossis hillside. The accommodation is top quality

It is out of the way from the main town and the on-site facilities are satisfactory. For the best meals you will need a car to drive down to villages such as Koutouloufari (Emmanuel Taverna and Vinnies bar are highly recommended) and Piskopiano. You can take a taxi from the resort at 10 euros each way.

The surrounding area is wonderful and we had a very relaxing and the weather was wonderful for us. Enjoy your holiday!

uk
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Village Heights Golf Resort in Heraklion

its amazing,,,the best resort in greece your only disappointment will be you can only go there every five years as it so high demand.get the reps to help you they are an amazing bunch of people and will bend over backwards to help you....enjoy

Beverley, England
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Village Heights Golf Resort in Heraklion

Hi, My Fiancee and I are staying at the Village Heights Golf Resort for our honeymoon. Does anyone know how far it is to the beach - I think I read somewhere that it's about 6km (around 3-4 miles).

Also I read that they have a free bus service that runs to the village and back - what time does this run to - i.e. can we use it at night after we've been out for food and drinks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We stayed in Rethymnon last year and really enjoyed it although the hotel (Ideon) wasn't as good as my parents made out, but saying that it was 6 years ago when they were last there.

Thanks

Justin & Lesley

Kajaani, Finland
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Village Heights Golf Resort in Heraklion

We are going to Village Heights in May and I have been looking for information on the resort. Several sources say it is, in fact, 6 km to the beach. I have not read anything about a bus service, even in their own website. Would be great, though..

Beverley, England
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Village Heights Golf Resort in Heraklion

Hi,

I still haven't found out much about this hotel. It mentions a free bus service on the holidaywatchdog website (I knew I had seen it somewhere). Well I reckon it'll be a great holiday anyway, especially as we are going from Aug 21st to Sep 4th - should be nice and hot!

My fiance and I can't wait...

J & L

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Village Heights Golf Resort in Heraklion

Hi

This resort in up in the hills close to Aquaplus waterpark (used to be called Aquasplash) on the road to Lassithi and Kastelli from Hersonissos. The nearest beach would be at Anissaras, a small village 3kms west of Hersonissos and around 6-7 kms from the resort.

Beverley, England
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Village Heights Golf Resort in Heraklion

Hi,

I can confirm there is a free bus service to and from the beach and village to the hotel - runs about every 45 mins or so (I did have the times but can't locate the e-mail)

If you email the hotel they will let you know - they are very helpful.

Cheers

J&L

Bradford, England
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Village Heights Golf Resort in Heraklion

Village Heights was a great place to stay, My girlfriend and I (RCI full members) stayed there last year when it was more or less brand new I think, infact I'll rate them out of 10 for each of the approriate areas

Appearance: 9 / 10 website pics dont do it justice! Views are stunning! It probably looks even better now that the plants and tree's will have grown somewhat, although it was NEW when we went.

Food : 5 / 10 although my girlfriend is a picky eater, and I only go to the taverna's to eat, I also shopped at the many LIDL stores around the island for breakfast

Facilities : 9 / 10 Gym is just right, laundry services, minimarket all good, and amazingly staffed 95% of the time!

Staff : 9 / 10 hehe apart from my girlfriend being ogled by the gardeners which i found hilarious! the staff bent over backwards to help, even insisted and carrying all luggage and refusing tips :/

Pool : 8 / 10 it isnt huge but is split level, looks funky, and is big enough, good for kids to play in and the sun loungers are feet away so parents can keep watch. NOT heated but in Cretain weather its not needed.

Bar : 10 / 10 All beers were freezing cold and pricing was ok, and I noticed all taps and lines were cleaned stringently during late morning time - Which I was very impressed with. Bar staff were responsable serving teenagers too, ie diluting down bits of alcohol when given the nod by their parents!

Location : 8 / 10 Good if you like a noiseless atmosphere, but bad if you want to be in the centre of everything.

I am going back on 10th July with 5 friends and I cant wait, In all honesty its out of the way of things so Hiring a car is recommended. We've hired 2 cars this time, DONT BE TEMPTED TO HIRE A SCOOTER for £50 a week when you can get a car for £100

www. economycarrentals .com is who i used, and they were fantastic, and cheap too..... pick up at airport and drop off on flight out, I was pretty amazed how good they were for the money, a Hynudai Getz was £110 for week, all in :) make sure you get aircon!

Hernissos and Malia are within a few minutes driving distance for the best meals, We always used to pick the quietest Taverna's and found then all to be very good, especially as my GF is a fussy eater.

Now you might read this and think "was anything wrong?"

Yes, the lights flickered occasionally, the gardens werent fully grown yet detracting from the visual appearence of things, parking was a bit of a pain in the arse, not many spaces, and our apartment was about 150 yards away from the pool, but hey Im just lazy!

Scotland
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Village Heights Golf Resort in Heraklion

Yes dont go !!!

You are right out of the way from the Villages, taxis never turn up & when they do charge you a fortune plus the Resort is very boring with lots of construction work still going on, you cannot walk to anywhere because its built up on a hill

Take Care