We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

info on Agios Nikolaos

Which Agios Nikolaos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
info on Agios Nikolaos

Considering going to Ag Nik in September but dont know too much about the place.Can anyone tell me what its like? Is it like a typical 'britishy' resort or is it more cosmopolitan or authentic greek? Also what are the prices like?

Any info at all would be appreciated.Thanks

Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: info on Agios Nikolaos

Ag Nik is a lovely place - I have been going there for the last 13 years.I even got married out there !Check out the Sunbeam Hotel on this site. I stayed there for a month last year and will be going back this year.There are some "Britishy" places such as the Sorrento Bar - full mainly with younger English persons, although other people go there too ! Most of this type of place are in the port area, on the seafront. There are lots of Greek eateries and bars and these tend to be cheaper than the "British" places. Best places for eating and drinking is out of town - taxis are cheap enough. One place I go to regularly charged me 45 Euros for 7 people to stuff ourselves with Mezes and drink wine / beer. In town the prices are much higher. I used to go to Crete / Ag Nik on package holidays but gave these a miss years ago due to the Reps indifference. I always go flight only and get a taxi from the airport to the place I have chosen to stay at.The temperature in September is lovely ( July and August are hotter and better though ). "Older people" tend to go in May and September / October. There is a Chinese Restaurant ( pricey ) pizza place ( Twins - nice prices and food ) and various other restaurants serving Greek / British food. All in all the place is great. Put any thoughts of "cheap" out of your head since the Euro arrived, unless you eat Greek. Mind you, Greek food is superb !

Get answers to your questions about Agios Nikolaos