We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Ag Nik with a 4 month old baby

Which Agios Nikolaos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to Ag Nik with a 4 month old baby

Hi

I am travelling to Crete next week with my 4 month old and my husband and I wondered if anyone can tell me if and where I can buy milk (formula), nappies, wipes, baby toiletries and medication. We are staying at the Iberostar Mirabello. Is there anywhere near the hotel to get items or will we need to travel?

Thanks in advance

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
11,032 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Ag Nik with a 4 month old baby

Hi there

There are lots of supermarkets in the town , and there is a fairly good tourist supermarket opposite your hotel which sells every day essentials plus tourist gifts etc. however if you want to shop where the locals do then you will need a car to go to the local lidl which is 10 min drive max from your hotel, but you will definitely be able to get your list of requirements from the supermarket opposite your hotel. With regards to medication ther e are plenty of excellent pharmacies in the town which are easy to find....if you need to know where they are located then just ask...have a wonderful holiday :-)

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,596 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Ag Nik with a 4 month old baby

Hi

Supermarkets have formula milk but a small variety of them. If you need to buy a specific kind like hypoallergenic or other kind you should ask to find in a pharmacy.

Nappies, wipes, etc Lidl has the lowest prices. My recent experiance as a father suggests that :o)

Please note that there must be different names of medicine brands in Greece than the ones in England

For example Depon syrope has paracetamol, algofren syrope has ibuprofen etc. Just have your doctors phone in case you need to ask him which brand is the ideal for your kid.

Edited: 19 June 2013, 23:12
oxford
Level Contributor
370 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to Ag Nik with a 4 month old baby

Everywhere I have gone in crete i have always found the pharmacists to be very knowledgeable and to speak perfect English

Essex
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to Ag Nik with a 4 month old baby

Wow thanks for your posts that is all brilliant news.

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,032 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling to Ag Nik with a 4 month old baby

You are very welcome hw28, have a wonderful time - if you do require any other info on the area then please do just ask :-)

Essex
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling to Ag Nik with a 4 month old baby

Thanks

Roughly how long is the coach transfer from the airport we are travelling with thomson?

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,032 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling to Ag Nik with a 4 month old baby

That's a difficult one to answer, if you were driving or getting a taxi then its around 50 mins max transfer time , but it all depends on the amount of drop offs - fingers crossed that the majority of people are going to Agios :-)

8. Re: Travelling to Ag Nik with a 4 month old baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Agios Nikolaos