We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers Heraklion Airport to Alantha Apartments(Agios Nik)

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transfers Heraklion Airport to Alantha Apartments(Agios Nik)

Hi,

I am going to Agios Nikolaos on 27th August for a week staying in the Alantha Apartments.

I am just wondering, whats the best/cheapest way to get from Heraklion Airport to the hotel? Also, is it cheaper to book it now or to just get it when we arrive. We land in Heraklion at 22:50 local time, so quite late.

Any help from anyone is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,414 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers Heraklion Airport to Alantha Apartments(Agios Nik)

Hi there

The cheapest way is always using the local bus service, but you will be too late for the last bus, however I have attached a timetable in case you want to use the bus for your return trip, the bus station in Agios is around a 10 min walk from your hotel.

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetable.php?lg=2

The next cheapest way is to use one of the transfer company e.g. A2B transfer etc, and I would recommend that you do book this prior to your holiday.

If you did want to hire a car, then its easy to collect this and drop back at the airport - a basic hire car would cost you 20-25 euros per day, and its an easy journey from the airport to Agios, and this would take you around 40 -45 mins. The other alternative is to use a taxi, quick and easy, but expensive at 75 euros to Agios, there are always plenty of taxi's waiting at the airport - come out of the airport and turn left to find the taxi's

2. Re: Transfers Heraklion Airport to Alantha Apartments(Agios Nik)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Agios Nikolaos
Recent Conversations