We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camera stores near Agios Nikolaos

Nederland
2 posts
Save Topic
Camera stores near Agios Nikolaos

I left for a 10 day holiday yesterday. When i arrived and started to unpack my gear i realised something dramatic. Because i had to repack everything into an other bag i somehow misplaced my battery charger, it's not here, it's 2600km away at home!

I have a panasonic FZ-38 camera which i always use on hollidays, compact but good quality pictures. I have 2 batteries. One original (2/3rd charged) and one replacement (fully charged). I usually take a lot of pictures and an terrified to run out of batterylife.

I'm am located on Crete (east side near Agios Nicolaos). The battery in my camera is a Panasonic CGR-S006E 7.2v 695mAh. These are special panasonic batterypacks which are charged in a seperate charger, not the camera itself.

Does anyone know a good place to find a camera store to buy a (universal) charger?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,699 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camera stores near Agios Nikolaos

Try Germanos:

e-germanos.gr/e-germanos/shops/showSearch.eg…

Click on the big red G for details, and zoom in for the exact location, which looks like the west sde of the square opposite a little park.

If the link doesn't work properly this is the location:

ΠΛ.ΕΛ.ΒΕΝΙΖΕΛΟΥ 8 & ΣΟΦ.ΒΕΝΙΖΕΛΟΥ 2 ΑΓ.ΝΙΚΟΛΑΟΣ ( El Venizelou square)

Τ.Κ. 72100

Tel: 2841023717

They are mainly telephony etc. as well as general electronics, but even if they don't have the correct charger they should be able to point you to the right place.

Edited: 02 September 2013, 14:58
Kelso
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camera stores near Agios Nikolaos

Steve, I'm trying to work out who has got the biggest filing cabinet marked "Information that might be of use to somebody, somewhere, some time!". At the moment it's a toss-up between you, GB and Mrs Whicker!

Bob

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,699 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camera stores near Agios Nikolaos

lol Bob

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,916 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camera stores near Agios Nikolaos

Nicknick88,

I did exactly the same as you and left the charger at home. The staff where we were staying looked on the internet and managed to get a charger for me in 48 hours. Try asking where you are to see if they will do the same.

I didn't even ask them to do that. Like you, I had asked about local camera shops and the barman took the details of the camera and said he would ask one of his friends. It was when we got back in the evening he said he had checked the internet and phoned the company to check they had it in stock. When I said we hadn't been able to get one locally he did the ordering - paid with his credit card and only accepted payment once the item arrived. We weren't in Ag Nik but hopefully you can also have a positive outcome.

Nederland
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Camera stores near Agios Nikolaos

Went trough all the streets in Agios Nikolaos and stumbled upon a store called "Photo Vision" or something.

Very helpfull and they had a universal battery charger which seems to work for my batteries. It cost me 35 euro's but i am able to charge my batteries now.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,699 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camera stores near Agios Nikolaos

Good!

7. Re: Camera stores near Agios Nikolaos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Agios Nikolaos
Recent Conversations