We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sight seeing when in agios nikolaos.

Which Agios Nikolaos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sussex
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sight seeing when in agios nikolaos.

hi I find this board is very informative .

I am going to Agios Nikolas Crete in a few weeks time.

I have already had advice for getting to spingalonga thank you.

I was wondering about the happy train tours do they go from agios nikolas.

also how to get to the Cretan olive oil farm.

and can I get to katharo plateau without a car???

so much to see and do I really excited about going.

just planning my days.

any help a bonus.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sight seeing when in agios nikolaos.

Hi there

The Happy Train goes to Kritsa, a mountain village to the southwest of Agios Nikolaos although there may well be other ones too. You can't get to the Katharo plateau without a car I'm afraid, there are no bus services and I'm not aware of any organised excursions.

Whereabouts is the Olive Oil farm?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
91 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sight seeing when in agios nikolaos.

In Agios nikolaos it's the Little Train , not the happy train. It does 3 excursions the best of which is Excursion 3 which leaves 3 days a week from the harbour of Agios Nikolaos, departure is at 12:30 and goes to the olive oil farm first for about 45 min the church of Panagis Kera for 30 min and the village of Kritsa for just over an hour. The excursion lasts for about 4 hours altogether. It is very busy at the moment so best to pop down to the harbour when you arrive to find out which day would be best and to book in advance.

sussex
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: sight seeing when in agios nikolaos.

hi thanks for replies

the olive oil farm is ranked 4th of 15 things to do in agios nikolaos.

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
11,029 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sight seeing when in agios nikolaos.

Hi there

The olive farm isn't really genuine - as its was located near the Lidl supermarket until a couple of years ago and is now located near the Mirabello hotel - they also use a Donkey to run the mill stone or what ever its called, which although is what they would have done years ago doesn't mean you need to continue it today..its not a tourist attraction that I would want to visit in Agios :-(

5. Re: sight seeing when in agios nikolaos.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Agios Nikolaos