We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden apartments . Ag nik

Which Agios Nikolaos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lassi kefalonia
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Golden apartments . Ag nik

Hi I am single woman travelling alone & middle aged!!! I am a little worried about how far it is to nearest shops to buy provisions especially water . Is there a small shop nearby to pick up the basics such as water which is heavy to carry ? I don't drive so am worried about getting around !

Also are there any smaller villages nearby that are in walking distance ? Just read reviews on another site & they were so negative it's made me a little anxious . Thanks for any advice .

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
11,020 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden apartments . Ag nik

Hi there

I don't know these apartments but looking at the various web sites and maps , including their own web site it seems to be located just off the national road..( but the other side of the national road away from Agios) .you would be able to walk to the outskirts of Agios but do be aware that as a working Greek town Agios is fairly spread out ....so to get to the tourist lake area it will take you around 30 mins/40 mins walking ..just looked at the map again and I can't remember any small supermarkets in that area, you have lidl further up the national road off the cross roads or going back the other way down the national road and then turning down right towards Agios you have some shops there..but the location is quite remote ..I think perhaps you should budget for some taxis ...I would estimate it's going to cost you around 6/7 euros to get into the centre of Agios.

I wouldn't worry to much about the bad reviews, as long as they aren't all bad....some people always complain about every thing...enjoy your holiday :-)

Edited: 01 June 2014, 11:29
2. Re: Golden apartments . Ag nik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Agios Nikolaos