We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalyves-hire a car or taxi's?

Which Chania Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Kalyves-hire a car or taxi's?

Hello everyone

We will be visiting Kalyves for a week and wanted to know if you could suggest a reasonable but reliable car hire firm in Kalyves who provides cars that I can pick up at the airport.

I don't know whether to hire a car for the week or get a taxi from the airport and then hire a car on the third or forth day.I can then tour around and then get us back to the airport when we leave.

The quotes I have had from those car rentals based at Chania airport are over £400 because there are six of us.

I've notyed in previous forum messages that the taxi costs approx 18euros from Chania to Kalyves is that still the case?

I would appreciate any help or advice- Thanks

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
657 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalyves-hire a car or taxi's?

Kalives travel is excellent, they are based in the main square opposite the Church, and they have cars available for 6 people. They will arrange for you to collect the car from either airport. I can't remember what we paid last September, but it seemed reasonable at the time.

Have fun

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalyves-hire a car or taxi's?

The best is to take a taxi from the airport, Kalives is not so far from the airport, its more economic and shorter in time, since the bus goes first to Chania center and from there you change for Kalives.

We can bring you a car also, with better rates

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalyves-hire a car or taxi's?

Thanks weloveholidays95,I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.I think I may contact the Kalyves travel for a quote.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalyves-hire a car or taxi's?

Thank you Albertdiver I appreciate you taking the time to help. Do you know approximately how much it would be by taxi. Also could you recommend a firm who could drop off and pick up a hire car please? With the amount of luggage we are taking I don't think we would use the bus.

thanks

5. Re: Kalyves-hire a car or taxi's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 07:22