We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire Chania Airport

Which Chania Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berkshire
Level Contributor
262 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire Chania Airport

Going to Crete next June, looking to hire a car for 1 week from Chania airport, any suggestions on good, cheap companies please?

55 replies to this topic
Mestre, Italy
Level Contributor
6,575 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Car Hire Chania Airport

I used europeocars 3 times, very reliable.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Car Hire Chania Airport

wondering ow you got on with your car hire in crete

bruxelles
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Car Hire Chania Airport

I am travelling to Chania in July and looking for car rentals company. What does anybody think of rentalscar?

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
225 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Car Hire Chania Airport

We are going for two weeks in August and have booked through a comparison site on Travel Supermarket, got it for 420 euros. Also took out excess insurance which worked out about £20 for two weeks.Sear j a few local companies on Crete but at the time this worked out the cheapest. Fingers crossed they will be ok.

Edited: 10 May 2014, 10:43
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,778 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Car Hire Chania Airport

@ indecisaBruxelles

I don't know the company you mention. I can recommend, however, and have used them reliably a number of time. We pick up and drop off at Chania airport. They've been providing a family-run car hire service on Crete for many years.

http://www.alianthos-group.com/

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Car Hire Chania Airport

Athens cars were brilliant! Free pick up and drop off at hotel. Full comp insurance with no excess or deposit.

Brussels
Level Contributor
1 post
121 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Car Hire Chania Airport

Avoid Hertz!! We pre-booked Hertz & paid extra as the cars are at the airport. Last Sunday 3rd August we queued for over 90 minutes while only one person manned the Hertz desk. No real apology or upgrade to compensate. Will never again use Hertz anywhere. Please take the advice of others and use the independent car rentals such as Athens or go to up-crete.com. PS the Hertz car was no better than the others - quite old in fact.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Car Hire Chania Airport

PLEASE DO NOT USE EUROPEOCARS!!!!!

I know the initial post is older, but for those who will find it now, do NOT USE EUROPEO CARS! If it were only for the fact that they put pictures of brand new cars on their website and claim they are "all in excellent conditions", while almost all of them are old cars, you could even live with it because it is true that they are awfully cheap.

But you can NOT accept reading that they claim excellent customer service and then:

- The 24 h "emergency" service guy never answers the phone and never calls back!

- They say "i will talk to the manager and call you back right away" and then it is total silence for days until you contact them yourself again; or like it happened to me, i had to use my holiday time to drive to Heraklion to their office!

- I quote from one of the employees: "the manager simply doesn't care about bad reviews and that many people are unhappy. They still make money. I tried myself to tell her many times, but she just turns her back and leaves the room. She doesn't even speak english so she doesn't even understand. People still come because it is cheap and they don't care of anything else".

With that said, i came back home a week ago and I am stil to receive back money because I found out they gave me a car that was at a lower class for the one I had paid for!

Therefore, if you want to save money go for it...but trust me, you lose so much in health and they screw your holiday with their customer service! Not worth at all!

PLEASE help me boycotting them!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Car Hire Chania Airport

We hired a little Lancia from ANE car hire in Chania, got it delivered to our hotel ,paid with cash ,totally stress free,all arranged online. We got a taxi from the airport to our hotel in Chania for 20 euros.also for the return .prompt & friendly service. This was with Taxi4Crete again paid with cash .We would use both these companys again no question

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Car Hire Chania Airport

We used A.N.E. car hire at Easter and were VERY pleased with them. Arranged by email, their rep was waiting to meet us at the airport, we simply walked out of the airport straight to the car which was parked by the door, the rep even helped to carry our luggage. We paid there and then by credit card and were away in less than 10 minutes. On return we dropped off our luggage at the doors of the airport then I left the car in the car park opposite and gave the keys in at a little booth. So easy.

For a Hyundai i20 (which I had specifically requested) it was €180 for the week which included all insurance and a second driver - that is less than £20 a day!

Recommended.

http://www.carhirecrete.net

Reply to: Car Hire Chania Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted