We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach near old town chania

Antwerp, Belgium
3 posts
Save Topic
Beach near old town chania

Is there a public beach near the old town of chania?? Our hotel is close to the harbour.

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach near old town chania

Yes there's quite a nice beach within walking distance from town to the left...

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,815 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach near old town chania

The beach is about a 15 minute walk. As T&C said head out along the harbour pass the Naval museum and follow the coast along to the left. There is a nice tree shaded street to follow all the way up to Neo Chora beach. I believe twice a week Saturdays for sure this road is packed with the local market. that will give you a good chance to do some shopping on the way.

Here is a view of the street you will end up walking along.

flickr.com/photos/…set-72157632117917828

There are good beaches a little further along the west coast probably about 4 km a bit far for a walk but the local buses go regularly.

Antwerp, Belgium
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach near old town chania

thank you so much! and thanks for the information about the local market!!

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,815 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach near old town chania

You are welcome. Here is an album of Chania. The old Saturday market is on images 47 to 52.

flickr.com/photos/…

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,958 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach near old town chania

Nice photos, Bruce. I particularly like the one of you with that giant spring onion. :-)

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,815 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach near old town chania

Thanks Albastron. When we are on vacation I do all the cooking, well breakfast and lunch. That onion was from the market and still had dirt on it. I do love the fresh vegetables in Greece.

Antwerp, Belgium
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach near old town chania

Thank you :) the photo album is beautiful!

Edited: 27 July 2013, 09:52
8. Re: Beach near old town chania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 06:20