We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights end of August - pre-book?

Which Chania Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights end of August - pre-book?

I am toying with the idea of a weekend in Chania at the end of August.

My last and only visit was around 8 years ago and I stayed in rooms above a shop in the old town - basic but clean and right in the heart of the old town.

During my wanders on that visit I saw a number of pensions and B&Bs in little lanes off the harbour that looked charming. My questions are......

Can anyone recommend anywhere specific?

What would be the approximate rate for a room?

Would I have difficulty finding a room on arrival?

I'll be travelling alone with just a carry on case. Arriving 30th August.

All advice welcome!

Thank you.

Trisha

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights end of August - pre-book?

If you walk up Theotopoulous St. from the port end the first lane on left has several great little rooms and apartments.

Look up Nathalie's - it's our first choice, lovely - and cheap. Pension-nora.com is excellent too ..

Several groceries nearby for breakfast goodies on your verandah..

You'll find a room then just turning up but why not have one booked and waiting...email for rates etc.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 nights end of August - pre-book?

Thank you for your reply.

The reviews for Nathalie's are coming up as "Mme Bassia" - I assume it's one and the same. Do you have an e-mail address? Booking.com have them as fully booked but I would like to contact them direct. For some reason this accommodation looks familiar to me. Would the rooms be above a shop selling natural products made with Cretian olive oil by any chance?

I have e-mailed Pension Nora - also looks lovely.

Hopefully one of them will come back with availability.

Many thanks.

Trisha

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 nights end of August - pre-book?

Here's a review from people we are in contact with

We stayed at Pension Nora in May 2013. Normally we have stayed at the sister accommodation Natalies Rooms but that unit was booked for 5 weeks so this was our first visit to Nora. We were blown away by our room. It is actually a small Cretan house with a kitchen dining room combination on the first floor with the bedroom and bath on the second floor. The unit was beautiful, and the kitchen came equipped with a full oven and stove top plus spices and full pots, pans, cutlery and dishes. Bonus there was a clothes washing machine in the unit and it had a lovely little balcony that is out over the quiet alley below. Location is perfect just a two minute walk to the harbor area but just far enough back to be quiet at night. It is in a back alley off of the pedestrian only Theotokopoulou street.

This is a well priced unit for budget conscious travelers and we will be staying at Nora next time we are in Chania.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

I think Nora's acts as an agent for others in that area as we were shown several places which were really nice and settled on Natalie's (note no "h" sorry)

Edited: 29 July 2013, 07:56
Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 nights end of August - pre-book?

All booked! Just a weekend trip, but the flight is less than 2 hours so worth it.

Thanks again for the advice.

Trisha

5. Re: 3 nights end of August - pre-book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 05:19