We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June 15th onwards any Clubs open for Trance music?

Which Chania Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Telford, United...
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
June 15th onwards any Clubs open for Trance music?

We arrive in Chania form5 nights on June 15th and wondered if any clubs will be open? We like dance/trance music

Thanks R&R

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,460 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June 15th onwards any Clubs open for Trance music?

Hi Rach

Although it's old, and the places may well have changed, there are some suggestions as to area in this thread from 2009:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189415-i714-k28…

I believe there are 1 or 2 outdoor clubs on the outskirts of Agia Marina, but I don't think they open till the absolute height of season - but try Agia Marina or Platanias for a night out anyway.

I have a feeling that many places will be more R&B than house or trance, but I guess there's only one way to find out!

But won't you be too tired from all your walking....?

Edited: 15 February 2014, 11:48
Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,411 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June 15th onwards any Clubs open for Trance music?

Hi Rach,

Since you plan on trekking up to Gingilos save your energy and go the extra distance to Volakias.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June 15th onwards any Clubs open for Trance music?

Thanks Steve will take a look. Ajam you are funny!! I think one summit with all the other walking will be good!! 😝

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,411 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June 15th onwards any Clubs open for Trance music?

Hi Rach,

Well, I don't belong to the trance generation, give me the 1970's music any day of the week !!!

Anyway, in my opinion you shall be walking/hiking in one of the best areas on this planet. You are right though, one summit will probably be enough !

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
11,996 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June 15th onwards any Clubs open for Trance music?

Surely all you need to do is ask one of the young local Greeks. I'm sure your musical tastes will be catered for. Chania is a large town so a good chance of clubs being open by your date.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: June 15th onwards any Clubs open for Trance music?

Surely yes mr retiredhippy, hope you both we'll 😜 it's good to get recommendations from all though 😜

Agii Apostoli...
Level Contributor
652 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: June 15th onwards any Clubs open for Trance music?

There are a few open air summer clubs. Mainly in Platanias and Agia Marina. The music is mainly mainstream house with a bit of pop, hip-hop and Greek modern pop... The closest option for your taste is Mylos club in Platanias after 3 in the morning. Like others I would suggest to enjoy nature better. Sometimes there are parties or beach parties, but have to be told by the locals to know where they happen. In Sougia there are 2 open air clubs, on the hippy side, Fortuna club sometimes plays electro-trance...

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: June 15th onwards any Clubs open for Trance music?

You surprise me about Sougia, would have thought it too small and remote to have a club. Thanks for the info, I am sure we will be to exhausted to stay awake all night after all our exploring! But we will see, hubby may have to go on his own!

9. Re: June 15th onwards any Clubs open for Trance music?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 07:19