We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel in Chania or western Crete

Which Chania Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London,England
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel in Chania or western Crete

Please can you recommend the best luxury hotel in Chania or western Crete?I am travelling with my husband in early September and we are seeking relaxation but accessible to places of interest and preferably with a seaview.

Washingon DC area
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel in Chania or western Crete

Look at the Casa Delfino on the harbor in Chania. I think Backroads uses it as their base for their upscale bike tours.

http://www.casadelfino.com/

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
652 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel in Chania or western Crete

Best hotel is always matter of opinion, and based on personal preferences. There are lots of reviews on this and other sites and you can spend a few evenings going through them. The Casa Delfino has always struck me as an oasis of coolness good for relaxation. Just what you may need after a day's activity. Other hotels may offer a greater range of facilities, it all depends on your requirements. Remember you're on holiday relax and enjoy Chania.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel in Chania or western Crete

Well out of my usual experience, but browsing around TA I saw these...look beautiful, and well-reviewed :-)

Don't know what your idea of "best" is though! (everyone's different)

tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189415-d2178…

TA reviewers no. 1 hotel in Chania is

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1574391-d288…

Recommendations aplenty on the above :-)

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel in Chania or western Crete

casa Delfino is THE hotel in Chania old town, although there are several other similar places, they are the most famous. It's a small boutique hotel, old, historic, renovated house, special service, in the heart of the old town area near the harbour.A couple of other ideas, outside Chania, for luxury beach time:

Thalassa Beach - in the Agia Marina area, a lovely quiet spa hotel

Kalliston - in Agia Apostoli, it's near the beach but not far from Chania. very popular, has swim-up rooms now, is available via Thomsons if you want a package

Almyrida Residence - in Almyrida, 40 mins from Chania - lovely, quite new hotel with modern fittings in a pretty small resort

London,England
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel in Chania or western Crete

Thanks for this information.Of the 4 hotels that you mention which is YOUR favourite and why?

6. Re: Best hotel in Chania or western Crete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 05:16