We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap rooms near the harbour

York
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cheap rooms near the harbour

Hi

Last year my 2 children and I flew to Chania and then went on by bus to Paleochora for 10 days. Chania looked lovely but we only had a few hours there on our return trip. This year we'd like to spend a couple of nights in Chania at the beginning or end of our trip. Walking around the harbour area last year we noticed lots of small pensions/rooms to let in the little streets behind the harbour and would like to try and book something like this in advance of travelling (since we will be coming at the end of July/beginning of August and don't want to risk finding nowhere - we'd rather have something booked than take our chances). Can anyone suggest how I might find contact details for these places? We don't want a big hotel or villa etc which is what comes up when you search on line.

Thanks

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,900 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap rooms near the harbour

It sounds like you are describing Theotokopoulo street. It is a pedestrian only street just a minute walk into the old Harbour.

We stay at Pension Nora and Natalies rooms which has a variety of room types and is well priced. Right next door is Jason which has a good reputation. You can google both or just find them on booking dot com.

Here are images of the area.

Theotokopoulou St area

flickr.com/photos/…

Edited: 06 May 2014, 15:22
concord nh
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap rooms near the harbour

Consider these:

Iason Studios: http://www.iasonstudios.com/en/

Hera Studios: www.hera-studios-rooms.com/en/index.html

Gavaldon or Melidoni House: http://www.chaniaoldtownhouse.com/

Evgenia Studio: www.evgenia-studios.gr

York
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap rooms near the harbour

Thanks so much for your replies crazyh and stanbr - I'll check those out.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,900 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap rooms near the harbour

You are welcome.

Just one additional comment my Jason and Crazyh's Iason recommendation are the same one. One thing you will figure out once you get to Greece is that there are multiple spellings of Greek words when translated to English.

York
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap rooms near the harbour

:-) yep stanbr - I've been to Greece many times over the years and the spelling variations are very familiar. I've contacted Iason/Jason and the others and have had replied from Nora's already :-) Fingers crossed I can get Paeohora accommodation and flights to all link up now and get it booked!

Thanks again for the help.

6. Re: Cheap rooms near the harbour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Chania Town
Recent Conversations