We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab Fare and Car Rental Suggestions

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Cab Fare and Car Rental Suggestions

Hello!

We are going to be in western Crete for 15 days (May 15th-30th). We rented a car through a friend of one of the Villas we are staying at (Melidoni X). We were all set to rent it from May 17th-29th, but now they are saying then need the car back one day earlier on the 28th which puts a burden on transportation. I was wondering if you know of any other rental agencies that would drop off and pick up the rental car from Royal Sun Hotel in Chania for a reasonable price with GPS included. We just need an economy car since it is just my husband and I. The other option would be to return the car the 28th late evening and take a cab from Melidoni X to Royal Sun on the 29th. Does anyone know what a cab fare would be for that? We were quoted $264 Euros for level B car for May 17th-29th (now the 28th). Please help.

Thank you in advance :)

Sara

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cab Fare and Car Rental Suggestions

I realise that you may be there now, but why not negotiate a 7 day hire with your present company and get a new 7 day hire with another company for the days you require

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cab Fare and Car Rental Suggestions

We have rented three times with Athenscars Crete. Locally owned. Cars are 3 or 4 years old but in good mechanical condition. All insurance is included in the price. There are lots of car rental agencies around but we have had a good experience with these guys.

3. Re: Cab Fare and Car Rental Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 08:16