We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday surprise

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday surprise

Hi, I am travelling to Chania with my husband as a surprise for his birthday. We arrive in the town the lunchtime of his birthday and my plan is to book a table at Taverna Strata based on the reviews on here. I would like to try & arrange a birthday cake to be at the restaurant - any suggestions on how best to go about this? And is the Strata a good choice for a birthday meal?

Thanks in anticipation!

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
82 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday surprise

The restaurant is very good as you can see from the reviews. One thing only the view is not that spectacular being in a back street If the view is not a problem go ahead. Give them a phone call and ask them to organise for the birthday cake. If you like to have a view, Try a restaurant in the old port five minutes away with spectacular romantic views beeing a birthday lunch. Zepos is one Palazo almare another one or Lithos. Call them and ask them to take care for the table and the cake. Check their web sites for the telephone numbers In the" Chania town Restaurants" page.

2. Re: Birthday surprise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Chania Town