We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer from airport to Elounda

Midlands UK
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
transfer from airport to Elounda

Arriving on early morning flight and would appreciate if anyone could advise how much a taxi would cost to Elounda, and if they are available at 4.30 in the morning. Really don't fancy the coach transfer as had lots of stops last time.

Cheers

Manchester
Level Contributor
690 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer from airport to Elounda

I hear around the 100 - 120 E return. As far as time is concerned, I would have thought so as if flights coming in normally folk around.

Transfers seem to be getting worse don't they?

Less coaches, more waiting and Elounda is a good distance to start with without a load of stops.

Good luck.

DA

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer from airport to Elounda

Got to be cheaper to hire a car! (if the car rental places are open?)

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer from airport to Elounda

Hi newey54

There will always be cabs around waiting for inbound flights so a cab even at 4.30am shouldn't be a problem. When you disembark and get into the terminal, why not ask the tour rep how many drop offs there are likely to be? He/she should be able to give you a decent idea.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfer from airport to Elounda

there are always taxis around... do you know where you're staying because they may organise a "local" taxi for you..... you may want to visit elounda77.net to ask that sort of question... I'm sure a lady from the north east has a telephone numbr of local taxi driver...

I agree with you the coach route is far to long no matter what time of day or night!

Midlands UK
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: transfer from airport to Elounda

Thanks for all your responses, will look into car hire I think - anyone got any suggestions?

Manchester
Level Contributor
690 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: transfer from airport to Elounda

I am in the process of booking one for June and I've approached Eagle Cars of Elounda - the phone numbers etc are :-

Phone 00302841041909

Fax 00302841041392

eagle_rent_a_car@hotmail.com

I was told they don't open until 1/4 so not long to wait.

Hope this is of some help to you

DA

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
90 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transfer from airport to Elounda

Hello

I have just looked up a website where you can pre book taxis, it costs 63 euros one way, which we were roughly told it would be by people who've been there. I'm going on tuesday but we will probably just pick up our own taxi at the airport and haggle if need be, but I will let you know how much it costs when we get back

Elleda

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
90 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transfer from airport to Elounda

Hello

lol, i forgot to give you the website address...........I was dreaming of Elounda, anyway here it is now

http://www.taxireservations.gr/

Elleda

Manchester
Level Contributor
690 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: transfer from airport to Elounda

Give Elounda a big kiss from me.

DA

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: transfer from airport to Elounda

Just wanted to mention that booking the holiday independently and not using a tour operator has saved us enough money to hire a car for the 2 weeks we're staying in Crete picking it up at the airport and dropping it off on our return. This saving is in comparison to travelling with Kosmar last year who themselves are quite good value for money if you don't expect any frills.

Get answers to your questions about Elounda
Recent Conversations