We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From airport to resort

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire
Level Contributor
166 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
From airport to resort

We haven't been to Crete before. Could anyone advise how long it takes to get from the airport to Elounda. Is the journey hairy or straight forward. Not very good if I have to travel through mountains!!

Bit of a coward!

Thanks

treborcheshire

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From airport to resort

Hi Lucky you your first trip...please see the replies to drive to elounda form airport.. that may help...It takes c one and a qtr/half hours if you know the way.. assume you are driving- taxi may take c1 hours that is hair raising...

coach 2-4 hours..yes 2 -4 hours.. if you ever have the opportunity of not using a coach transfer -do it.. Elounda is the last drop off for most tour companies.. so you are on the bus for ages....

Hope you have a fab holiday and love elounda

there is a site for elounda lovers called

http://www.makeitgreece.net/

Bristol
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From airport to resort

It depends on the way you are getting there really. Taxi takes about 1 hour. Coach can take as long as 3 hours depending on how many drops on the way (Elounda is at the end of route). Route is not

hairy.

I have booked a taxi from a driver based in Elounda for 60 Euros. I used coach on my previous 2 trips & with an arrival time of 00.55 hrs at the airport I don't want to face that long wait for the coach to leave & then the awful journey time.

When you get to Elounda you will love it.

Take a look at some of the forum threads on

www.makeitgreece.net They have an Elounda section with lots of info.

Have a great holiday.

Mike

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From airport to resort

Hi there

Will you be driving yourself or taking a transfer coach?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
166 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From airport to resort

Probably by coach.

Manchester
Level Contributor
685 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From airport to resort

Coach is not a hairy journey at all. Just very, very long. I've waited on the coach for over an hour and then had a 2.5hr transfer. Nightmare.

But worth it when you get there.

DA

6. Re: From airport to resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 01:20