We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tasmania Village

Glasgow
2 posts
Save Topic
Tasmania Village

Hi,

My partner and I have just booked a two weeks stay at this place. Unfortunately we hadn't read the trip advisor stuff before hand. Now we have we're looking into how much we would be charged to change accodmodation. My question is - is it really as bad as people have said? Anybody out there with any good memories of the place? Two weeks can be a long time. . . .

Thanks

Stockport, United...
Destination Expert
for Makry-Gialos
Level Contributor
380 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tasmania Village

Hi oldcrow

We stayed there, although it was 10 years agao, but we had a great time. I haven't seen the other reviews so this is based on my views back then. I'm sure it's run by the same greek/australian family having quite recently checked oiut their website.

I remember the rooms being quite small that we had but there was no problems with them apart from the odd gecko although they do mop up the mozzies.

The lady in charge was Anna if I remeber and a slightly crazy brother called Manolis. I must admit that they could'nt do enough for us. We didn't use the pool much and we rather swam in the sea outside or ventured further towards Plaka where there was a lovely spot for sunbathing and swimming. We really used to like to stroll into Elounda in the evenings have something to eat a few drinks and then a stagger back. It's a bit of a trek so I suppose it depends how active you are. The apartments are also on a hill so this might be a factor. This was a bus service that ran from outside and you could go to Plaka or Ag Nik the other way. Its also got great views and ideal for a trip to Spinalonga. Hope I haven't put you off but we had a great time.

Doggy

Durham
Level Contributor
22 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tasmania Village

WE have been several times to this location and found it to be OK (In fact we are going back in July). The apartments are basic but good value for money. The pool area is excellent and the hosts - yes it is the same Greek Family are fantastic. Elounda is a beautiful place and the views from the apartments are fantastic. It is built on a hillside - but it keeps you fit!

Glasgow
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tasmania Village

Thanks very much, that has cheered me up a bit.

jersey
Level Contributor
243 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tasmania Village

Hi, We stayed there in Sept,people either love or hate itWe were lucky and had an apt with a fabulous view.The beach opposite is lovely,and it's a pretty 20min walk (all on the flat) to elounda itself.

The rooms themselves aren't that brilliant but we really only slept there.

We didn't go near the bar which is not very attractive.there are plenty of lovely bars and restaurants in the village,having said that there seem to a large band of brit regulars who spend all their time ,and eat all their meals there so each to their own!

We're staying in the centre of Elounda this year.But I'd stay at Tasmania again .Louise

5. Re: Tasmania Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Elounda
Recent Conversations