We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundrette in Elounda?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Laundrette in Elounda?

Travelling to Elounda in July with family to atay at the Elounda Sunrise Apartments & wondered if anyone knoew if there was a laundrette nearby

Also are we best to get an airport taxi? If so, do you know how much it should be? Or should be prebook a local taxi from Elounda to pick us up.?

Thanks in advance of any repies.

Manchester
Level Contributor
690 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundrette in Elounda?

Taxi is c 60E each way.

Launderatte is up one of the alley ways where the main row of shops is - not used it ourselves, but heard good reports last July.

I would book a taxi if I was getting one. on www.makeitgreece.net there are a number of posts that include the number for a local taxi driver. But bear in mind thatthe car is a uber big Merc, so four adults are fine - 8 suitcases won't fit in the boot.

We hire a car for the journey from airport to resort and back and also for a few days in between.

DA

north yorkshire
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundrette in Elounda?

hi ihave been to elounda 9 times, it is absolutely lovely quiet and a beautiful fishing village. typically greek, very friendly, to my knowedge there is no launderette, the elounda sunrise apts are new and the owners yannis and dimos are great will do anything for you but in their time you understand. i am back there this year 19th may for 2 weeks, we always get a taxi from the airport yeah we usually get a local elounda taxi to come for us but there are plenty at the airport should be around $65 each way. but it only takes an hour and can be upto 4 hours on the coach transfer. any more queries e mail me direct tracywizz@aol.com

UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundrette in Elounda?

Hi

There's a laundry up the alley beside Dimitris Steak House, but no launderette, as far as I know

Wales
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundrette in Elounda?

Jackie,

What's the difference between a laundry and a launderette? (or am I being thick)?

Luggage allowance nowhere near big enough to take enough kids' clothes for 2 weeks!

5. Re: Laundrette in Elounda?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2009, 05:52
Get answers to your questions about Elounda