We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Elounda from Heraklion Airport

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Uxbridge
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to Elounda from Heraklion Airport

Hi guys,

I am travelling to Crete with my partner on 2nd July. My flight arrives around lunchtime - would anyone be interested in sharing a taxi to Elounda? We are staying at the Manos Apartments, but would love to share a taxi (and the cost!) with another couple - or more people! I have looked on a few sites and a return trip is around 133e - so thats about 34e each...much preferable to the 3 hour coach transfer... Also if anyone can recommend something cheaper, that would be great.

ALSO, can anyone confirm that the transfer is that long? After having got up at 4/5am, I don't think either of us will want to sit on a bus dropping everyone off.

Look forward to hearing from someone!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Elounda from Heraklion Airport

Hi there

Firstly, I can't really see that the transfer to Elounda would be 3 hours from the airport. Maybe the operators are quoting "worst possible scenario" here just in case there were loads of drop offs en route? Personally, I think that a max of 2 hours would be closer to the mark.

The taxi fare sounds about correct. Why not rent a car? - you can hire one for around 30 euros a day, pick up and drop off at the airport, and the saved transfer costs will pay for the first 4-5 days hire anyway.

The only other option is convoluted but cheaper - take a cab from the airport to the bus station in Iraklion, then take the regular bus to Agios Nikoloas where you can then catch a bus or grab a taxi to Elounda.

www.cretetravel.com/Bus_schedules

Sheffield
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Elounda from Heraklion Airport

Hi,

We will arrive 13 Oct 21:30, wondering if there is any coach directly from Heraklion airport to Elounda?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to Elounda from Heraklion Airport

My in laws have just returned from Elounda and the transfer from the airport to Elounda took over 3 hours, as it went everywhere, before reaching Elounda.

Last time they visited, we were with them and I asked the courier how many stops we had. On that occasion we were going straight to Elounda, otherwise I would have picked a taxi up at the airport.

i was going to advise them to do the same, this time, but they are in their 80's , and everything becomes a bit of a drama, so I left well alone. I will suggest they consider this option, next time, and at least they will have plenty of time to think about it !!

So it might be an idea just to ask the courier first, because if it is going straight to Elounda, it won't take a great deal longer than a taxi.

Sheffield
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to Elounda from Heraklion Airport

Thanks for the advice. Can you get a courier in the airport around 21:30 in the evening? Would it take you to the hotel or just Elounda town centre? Can you remember how much it cost? Thank you so much.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling to Elounda from Heraklion Airport

LP i think debs meant ask the courier (rep) if the transfer coach is going directly to elounda... 3 hours is an dreadful length of time..... max on a coach for us is2 but we've given up on that now and arrange a village taxi to collect us cE60 .... you couls speak to your accomodation owners or visit the site

www.makeitgreece.net

theres a taxi mentioned on there generally manolis (janets husband) if not i am sure "the boy" who uses this site and that one will advise you....

I have only once taken a taxi from the airport - one trip my daughter and i decided to visit within a couple of days of obtaining a really cheap flight so apart from getting some accomodation quickly arranged I forgot about the taxi... paid E85 - really got taken for a ride on that one....

Have a great holiday you are visiting a lovely relaxing resort...

6. Re: Travelling to Elounda from Heraklion Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2009, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Elounda