We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comtrex Cold tablets

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Comtrex Cold tablets

Strange request for this forum we know but ......

last year whilst staying in Elounda I had a really bad cold. Went to the pharmacy in town where the very helpful Maria sold me some Comtrex Cold tablets that absolutely saved our holiday, so much so that we bought another three boxes to bring home for future use. Obviously the print on the boxes is all in Greek and one year on we can neither decipher the Greek or recall the dosage, oh dear.

I've a feeling it may be two tablets three times a day but simply cannot remember and don't want to chance it, especially if we happen to be abroad at the time. I've looked on the internet but can't find anything about the dosage and our local pharmacy doesn't want to even try to help rather to buy their own products, fair enough I suppose.

Can anyone out there help us please?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comtrex Cold tablets

Hi there

Well, why not take the box to your local supermarket pharmacy as surely, the ingredient chemicals will be written in English? The pharmacist can see what's in there and suggest a suitable alternative?

I'm pretty sure that Sudafed is a similar product, relieves nasal congestion, as well as coughs, sore throats and also relieves symptons of hay fever and some other allergies.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comtrex Cold tablets

It's two tablets every 4 hours, don't exceed 8 tablets daily and don't mix with other paracetamol-containing medication.

Hope you don't need them though! :-)

England
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comtrex Cold tablets

Thanks a million both of you! Very much appreciated.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comtrex Cold tablets

You are most welcome!

5. Re: Comtrex Cold tablets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2009, 07:26