We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why has Porto Elounda Resort been deleted?

Auckland
Level Contributor
11 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Why has Porto Elounda Resort been deleted?

Was wondering why all references to the resort seem to have been removed from Trip Advisor?

1. Re: Why has Porto Elounda Resort been deleted?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 August 2010, 12:17
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why has Porto Elounda Resort been deleted?

I see what you mean the reviews ARE gone

Edited: 13 August 2010, 12:17
london
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why has Porto Elounda Resort been deleted?

I'm pretty sure it is because they have had such bad reviews! I stayed there for 10 nights in August and it was not worth the amount of money it cost to stay there. It is very run down and I would not go back. It isn't like the photos on their website, at all!!

Rome, Italy
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Why has Porto Elounda Resort been deleted?

the reason is that most probably there is someone posting false negative reviews. So many "new" users posting 1 review and this is a negative one for porto elounda? Something is wrong there.

Also I must say that almost 5 very negative reviews have been removed by tripadvisor regarding porto elounda. Someone is playing a dirty game with this hotel and everyone knows that in the area of Elounda.

Mentioned in this post
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece
london
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why has Porto Elounda Resort been deleted?

I stayed there for 10 nights in august, spent over 5000 euros, big rip off. Photos on the internet make the resort look wonderful, but it isn't. I never write reviews on tripadvisor but felt the need to write one to warn people not to stay there. Please read my recent post on the resort for details of why I felt it was so bad and such a waste of money. I had a negative review removed shortly after staying there, so I re-wrote it. Nobody is playing games, lots of other hotel guests that I spoke to said they were going to write a bad review on tripadvisor and they are like me, they don't write reviews but felt the need to this time. The hotel needs a massive refurbishment, or the prices should be lower. We wouldn't have minded so much if it didn't cost so much, we were happy to spend 5000 euros for 10 nights, but for that we expected 5 star luxury and this hotel is far from 5 star. So many guests were really angry about the price they paid after their arrival and realising it was not what it looked like on the website, which is why so many negative reviews have been taken off by tripadvisor.

6. Re: Why has Porto Elounda Resort been deleted?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 11:53
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why has Porto Elounda Resort been deleted?

Tatirus, have you stayed anywhere else in elounda?

london
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why has Porto Elounda Resort been deleted?

I also forgot to mention the air con in the rooms didn't work and only brought the room temperature down to 28 deg (the outside temp was 38 deg). When we complained and asked to move rooms, the manager said the air con was the same in each of the rooms. We made friends with other guests and shared our complaints with one another, their air con didn't work either. One would expect a hotel that is classed as 5 star to at the very least, have good air condition in the height of summer.

9. Re: Why has Porto Elounda Resort been deleted?

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 11:53
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why has Porto Elounda Resort been deleted?

Debs,

have you stayed in Elounda? We're thinking of going next year.

Mentioned in this post
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece
Get answers to your questions about Elounda