We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can someone help with the location of windmill to rent !!!!

london
Level Contributor
318 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Can someone help with the location of windmill to rent !!!!

Hi we went to Elounda for the first time this year,loved it so much we want to go back !! Looking for places to stay I came across a 1bedroom windmill for rent .It is opposite the Taverna Paradisos . Can someone help it looks on the map to be near Elounda , but having only been the once not sure !!! Is it in walking distance for harbour etc ? We stayed in Penelope this year so had to walk any way.But these apts are coming up quite alot more for next summer. Hope you can help ... Thanks

Elounda, Greece
Level Contributor
184 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can someone help with the location of windmill to rent !!!!

Paradissos is not far from the Penelope. If you walk from the Penelope as if to the village, as you reach the main road, turn right instead of left (Ag. Nikolaos direction). Walk about 100m, past the Tryst and Thea restaurants. The road to Paradissos is on the left, with the windmill about 100m along it. Walking distance to the harbour is about the same as Penelope, perhaps a little less.

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can someone help with the location of windmill to rent !!!!

Athena.....Is that near the posh hotels? I've been racking my brains about the location and remember seeing a residential windmill on the back road serving these more up market places.

Elounda, Greece
Level Contributor
184 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can someone help with the location of windmill to rent !!!!

No, the turn off to the left is before the road to the hotels, before the Krini and the Elounda Bay Palace. It is actually signposted to the Paradissos Taverna, which has rooms to let. The road takes you down to the salt pans and a small beach and eventually to the Kanali bar.

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can someone help with the location of windmill to rent !!!!

Right.......I know where you mean now. We did walk down that way a couple of times.

Thankyou for that.....It was driving me mad trying to place it! :O)

Elounda, Greece
Level Contributor
184 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can someone help with the location of windmill to rent !!!!

You're welcome!

london
Level Contributor
318 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can someone help with the location of windmill to rent !!!!

Thank you so much for the info and such good directions, we have a good idea where it is now. We are positive about going back to Elounda so just looking at where to stay. Thanks again.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can someone help with the location of windmill to rent !!!!

The windmill is near the causeway, is that right?

I have seen it occupied, some years, and at other times it again seems deserted.

However, I do recall that the Milos studios had a converted windmill for rent. They are owned by George (Georges Bookshop in the main square) who also owns the beautiful Delphina apartments.

I am almost sure he now has an internet address, as we usually receive a Christmas card with all the tariff info, but I cannot find it at the moment.

If you are interested, perhaps someone has the email address

Elounda, Greece
Level Contributor
184 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can someone help with the location of windmill to rent !!!!

No, the windmill isn't next to the causeway. There are 3 ruined windmills in the causeway area, but the one bonnie14 is asking about is very close to the Paradissos Taverna.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can someone help with the location of windmill to rent !!!!

I know which windmill folks are talking about but dont know the owners.. try asking on

www.makeitgreece.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8

stephos or mike (the guy that runs that site) may know and be able to put you in touch......

I hate to put a damper on it but just consider that it is close to the salt pans and there may be an issue with mosi's depending on when you go... I doubt there will be air con so having the windows open may not be an option.... lovely romantic thought tho!

There is another one - on the way to plaka -just outside of elounda... on a left hand bend. used to be owned and known as the doctors house... locals may remember this????

hope yo find what you want...

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can someone help with the location of windmill to rent !!!!

just put in rent a windmill in elounda crete... got this..

holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/…106654

I think its the one everyone has been on about...

Get answers to your questions about Elounda