We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far from Alykes Apts to Resort Centre

derbyshire
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How far from Alykes Apts to Resort Centre

Hi,

How far is it from the Alykes Apts to the bars, restaurants harbour etc?

Is it up/downhill? Is it an uneven surface?

Thanks in advance

Nikki

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far from Alykes Apts to Resort Centre

HI,I have looked at them on the location map and have been past them several times, it seems.

If my memory serves me correctly, they are about a 10-15 min stroll along the seafront path to the centre of Elounda. There are tavernas spaced along the front before you get to the main square.

It's a very pleasant, fairly even, walk :O)

If you go up to and along the main road, there is a skinny, hilly bit that has a raised narrow path alongside the busy road ( but not much of it). There are shops alongside the road all the way into the centre.

Nowhere in Elounda is very far away so don't worry! :O) :O)

Edited: 11 April 2011, 18:33
Mentioned in this post
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece
derbyshire
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far from Alykes Apts to Resort Centre

Thanx very much, you've been a great help :-)

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far from Alykes Apts to Resort Centre

HI again! Have just had another look and it looks as if you have to cut down to the seafront path a little way along the quiet road where the hotel is situated.

Hmmm! I am sure ( if memory serves me correctly) that we walked all the way along a path from the salt flats beyond the hotel. I remember there was a point where there was a slight rise where the minor road met the main road and there was a cut through on the right onto the seafront path.

It is supposed to be 500 mteres according to the hotel web site.

Although we stayed up the hill elsewhere, we nearly always went down to the seafront.walk into the centre because it was so pleasant.

You will have a lovely time! :O) :O)

derbyshire
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far from Alykes Apts to Resort Centre

Thats wonderful, thanx!

How many times have you been?

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far from Alykes Apts to Resort Centre

Hi again. To answer your question.........Crete.....Countless times. To Elounda....only the once but I get around a lot exploring every nook and cranny LOL!!

BTW I loved it. :O) :O) :O)

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece
Elounda, Greece
Level Contributor
184 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far from Alykes Apts to Resort Centre

About a 10 minute stroll along the waterfront. The path is on the flat but a little rough at the moment due to winter storms but hopefully something will be done about that before the season starts. Probably not good for 5" stilettos but flip flops and an all-terrain buggy should cope!!

Edited: 11 April 2011, 21:42
Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How far from Alykes Apts to Resort Centre

Thank you Athena........I wasn't too sure about the timing but you have confirmed it! :O) :O)

Leicester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How far from Alykes Apts to Resort Centre

Hi

The walk to Elounda from Alykes is only about 15 mins. You can walk along the sea front, where there are several Tavernas. If you decide to go via the shop route there is a small hill, but nothing too drastic.

We were at the Alykes last year and had a really good time.

Edited: 12 April 2011, 14:59
Mentioned in this post
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece
Hessle, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How far from Alykes Apts to Resort Centre

Sorry to jump in on someone else's thread but could you please give me the same information on walking from the Portabello to the resort centre.

Elounda, Greece
Level Contributor
184 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How far from Alykes Apts to Resort Centre

The Portobello is virtually in the centre, just over the road from the beach. It's less than 5 minutes walk to the harbour, on the flat.