We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apts near resort centre?

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
derbyshire
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Apts near resort centre?

Hi Folks,

Abit of advice needed please.

We are looking to stay in elounda and have looked at the alykes.

Can anyone recommend any other apts closer to the resort centre?

Also any companies that do taxi transfers from airport?

Thanks alot

Nikki

Manchester
Level Contributor
685 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apts near resort centre?

We stay at the Olive Grove Apts and they can be booked direct as we do via their website

There are a couple of messages below that have taxi contact info

Manos apts are not too far out and neither are a couple of others whose names escape me at the moment, nr the harbour

DA

Elounda, Greece
Level Contributor
184 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apts near resort centre?

Delfinia are very good (I have stayed there) http://www.eloundaweb.gr/pages.asp?cust=14 and there are good reports for Corali and Portobello http://www.coralistudios.com/.

Manchester
Level Contributor
685 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apts near resort centre?

they are the ones i was struggling to remeber - corali and portabello

phew. glad thats over

da

England
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apts near resort centre?

We stay at Corali/Portabello and they can arrange for a taxi transfer for you. Its a great place, in a great position, really nice and highly recommended. We've been before, going back in September and will undoubtedly return again in future. We love it there!

Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
778 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apts near resort centre?

Hi,

We have booked to stay at Olive Grove Appts based on recommendations on Trip Advisor. They are near harbour if you look on Google maps by big church.

We are using First Choice this year, flying from Birmingham in October, coach transfer included in price. This seemed the best/cheapest option as there are four of us arriving at night.

We also looked at Alykes, but decided on Olive Grove as it was more central.

Really looking forward to visiting Crete for the first time.

Have fun planning your hols.

Nic :-)

Bristol
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apts near resort centre?

try " http://www.holidaytaxis.com" I used them 2 years ago (booked a shuttle transfer with them but it turned out we were the only couple & they took us in a taxi. Will be using them again on 19 June total cost for return transfers by shuttle for the 2 of us is only £40.50

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apts near resort centre?

Hi the alikes are in a lovely location 10mins to centre walking past resturants by the sea and going in one of them each night perfect

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apts near resort centre?

hiya

i would recommend the manos apartments. the rooms are great, as is the staff, across the road from a small beach and 5 mins walk into the centre of the village with lots of bars and restaurants en route. fab restaurant next to the happy train parking not sure wot its called but starts with p.

last year we got a taxi at the airport and it was 90 euro and too 40 mins to get to elounda. the taxi in elounda charges 85 euro to go back. lorraine who works in the manos well her husband owns the company and he was very prompt.

i think its last choice that run these apartments. we booked again last sept for this sept and got the last one bedroomed apartment, but i think july and august still have availability.

A visit to dimitris is a must. (across by the chuch on the main square) he's crazy and does the best giros pitta in elounda

9. Re: Apts near resort centre?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 April 2012, 19:05
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apts near resort centre?

You would love the Hiona Apartments, we are going back for third year in a row. The apartments are basic but lovely and the view is amazing. The sea is literally right across the road. The people who run these apartments are lovley . If you would like more information please message me.