We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current Prices In Elounda

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Current Prices In Elounda

We are going to Elounda for the first two weeks in July and was wondering what the current prices are for beer and food etc.

Any info would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Edited: 07 June 2011, 16:41
Hessle, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current Prices In Elounda

It depends where you are, our Apartment Pool Bar were charging 2.5 euros for a small beer and 3.5 euros for a large. In a bar, Dimitri's for example it's 2 for a small and 3 for a large.

Same thing with food. there was three of us and we usually had 3 starters, 3 main course, wine and coke. The cheapest was 53 euros and the most expensive 80 euros but I think that one had a dessert as well. It's usually cheaper away from the harbour but this is not always necessarily true.

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current Prices In Elounda

hi normab,

is that 3 for a draught beer or bottle?

sept, we paid 2.50 for a big bottle of mythos in dimitris?

Andy. dimitris also does a giros pitta for 2.50. great for a snack. It may be more now if dimitri has put his prices up, but we havent seen any price changes in elounda for the last 3 years now.

I dont know what you like to eat on holiday, but only 2 of us go and i never paid 53 euro for 2 courses and wine, i wish i had. i think that is really cheap

Elounda, Greece
Level Contributor
184 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current Prices In Elounda

The cheapest meal we have found - we were served with a bottle of water on arrival, ordered half a litre of wine, got 3 dishes of mezedes free (dolmades, tonnosalata, hard bread) plus bread; ordered tsatsiki, fried potatoes and 5 souvlakia; received a complimentary dish of yoghurt and orange spoon fruits - cost 14 euro for 2 people. This was in a new taverna, Periyialos, on the road out of the village, towards Plaka, next door to Miakoda. Very good value, with mainly Greek customers.

Of course, you can pay a lot more. You just need to shop around. If you eat where the local Greek people eat, you can usually get a good meal at a reasonable price

The average price for 500ml beer is 3 euro, although you can get it for 1.50 or 2 euro in the kafenions; wine is usually 3 - 4 euro for a half litre.

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current Prices In Elounda

wow athena,

that sounds just up my street. we are going in september, staying in the manos apartments. will definatly try there.

is this place situated when you go out of the manos and turn left, walk along past what i call the olive bar. the one with about 5 olive trees run by sandra and david? is it along that drag? or further up past there going up the hill?

I have made a note of the name and i will definatly find it. we love meze and will try absalutly anything, and if its frequented by mainly greeks, then to me that speaks volumes.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current Prices In Elounda

andynorm,

We returned from Elounda just over a week ago and the best all round advice I can give is think UK prices and apply it in the same way, more upmakret restaurants the higher the price etc...

An (evening) average meal cost for us during our stay with wine/beer was around 50 Euros for 2 meze, 2 mains, no desert but a couple of times spent in excess of 100 Euros.

Sarah

x

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current Prices In Elounda

Many thanks to everyone for the advice, prices seem pretty much as expected.

We have been to Lindos in Rhodes for the last two years which is fairly pricey and wasn't sure what to expect in Elounda.

Once again thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current Prices In Elounda

Hi there

Returned from Lindos a couple of weeks ago and prices in Elounda are about the same

Hessle, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current Prices In Elounda

For anyone who is interested the 53 euros meal we had was Anemomylos which is along the road heading towards Plaka just before Portobello Apartments about opposite the jetty. Great place, lovely food and very friendly serivce. Unfortunately didn't not seem very well patronised when we were there as most people seem to stay around the harbour area.

Hessle, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current Prices In Elounda

MG100surrey - would you mind telling me how you would compare Lindos and Elounda.

Elounda, Greece
Level Contributor
184 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Current Prices In Elounda

......is this place situated when you go out of the manos and turn left, walk along past what i call the olive bar. the one with about 5 olive trees run by sandra and david? is it along that drag? or further up past there going up the hill?.....

Yes, you are in the right area, dawnandrob. You pass the Avli, then Miakoda (formerly Sea Breeze) and it's right next door. It's the last taverna / bar before you get to the road which goes up to to the left, to Mavrikiano. There is no sign on it yet as to its name but I should imagine there will be by September.

Get answers to your questions about Elounda