We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus stop

Warrington,Cheshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Bus stop

Hello everyone, I'm off to Elounda in 3 days and I cannot wait. We are staying at the Elounda IIion. We are a family of 4 with 2 daughters 16 and 22 yrs. We may or not look at hiring a car for a few days but would just like to ask if anyone knows if there is a bus stop close to our hotel. We don't mind a walk but not a hike! Thanks for all the tips I have read on here already. So informative and descriptive its made the wait unbearable...in a nice way.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
146 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus stop

We too are going to Elounda Ilion in August and I also enquired about bus service in June but had no replies. I hope you have more luck and enjoy your hol.

Warrington,Cheshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus stop

Thanks, you too. I can't wait but no replies as yet. I will post as soon as I get back on any tips that I find including the bus. Cheers

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,003 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus stop

I can't recall where that hotel is situated, I think it's an age thing, but the bus runs from the main square right along the main road into Ag. Nic. We have been visiting Elounda for 20+years and always found the bus very reliable. Once in Ag. Nic. you can catch connections for other places on the Island, even Heraklion.

There is plenty to see in and around Elounda, so try to spend some time getting to know the area itself.

When we have hired a car, in the past, we always used Eagle car hire,in the village, the two brothers that run it are always very helpful and have many repeat customers. Even though we haven't bothered with a car, for the past few years, they still treat us like old friends, and never try to persude us to hire from them, but that is what most people are like in Elounda.

Warrington,Cheshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus stop

Thank you, all post suggest its a 20 to 30 minute walk into Elounda village which we can do but I thought if the bus was available we would have used it. Never mind I hear taxis are good and we will bear in mind the car hire advice. Cheers

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,003 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus stop

Depending on where your hotel is situated, my husband and I both had different ideas about this last night, the bus may well pass you, on it's way to Ag. Nic, without your having to walk to the main square.

6. Re: Bus stop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 11:19
Get answers to your questions about Elounda
Recent Conversations