We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Rental - Boat Trip

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
82 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Boat Rental - Boat Trip

Hello. We are staying for three nights in Late September.

We would like to spend some time on a boat, but don't want to spend a fortune (our hotel has a package for 350 Euros - One Hour on a traditional Boat).

Does anyone have any suggestions for a less expensive trip with some swimming, etc?

Thank you.

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
11,185 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Rental - Boat Trip

Hello there

My advice would be chat to some of the locals once you get to Elounda, hotels charge a fortune!!!!! and that certainly seems like a fortune!!!! I am sure that you will get a much better deal once you get to Elounda,speak to the locals in the tavernas or bars and someone will know someone who will be happy to help :-)

UK
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Rental - Boat Trip

Last summer we rented a boat from The brother of Akis at the Ferryman restaurant. Can't remember how much it cost but I do remember we thought it was a bargain at the time. Had it out for hours. You just need to go and speak to Akis who will sort it out for you.

Hope this helps.

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat Rental - Boat Trip

ask info at Luna Travel in Gouves they go for a whole day to Dias island, with snorkeling, swimming, lunch for about 500,00 euro max 8 persons

Toronto
Level Contributor
82 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat Rental - Boat Trip

Are there any reputable boat operators in the area that could take us on a morning tour and swim?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat Rental - Boat Trip

if you speak to tina at hiona apartments i am sure she will point you in the righr direction. enjoy

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat Rental - Boat Trip

The boat we rented last August cost €210 for 4 hours from Akis at the Ferrymans brother. But you take it out yourself. It was magical!

Hope this helps.

7. Re: Boat Rental - Boat Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Elounda